Should we try Kakko, Laf, or Kravtsov at center?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This board is just never going to come to grips that the chances of the Rangers moving one of the young wings to center is very, very low.

And your basis for representing that as a fact is.... ??
Even when it is factually true that they have nothing to lose just by trying?

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
This is getting old. I don't think any of them will be tried at center. I think the Rangers are comfortable with Zibanejad, Strome and Chytil. Then you have Barron.

That said, the time to try would be if and when the Rangers will be eliminated from playoff contention. In the past I have said Kravtsov and I'll stick by it.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And your basis for representing that as a fact is.... ??
Even when it is factually true that they have nothing to lose just by trying?
My basis is that aside from Kevin Hayes, what was the other prospect that the Rangers had change positions?

No one has anything to loose by trying anything. But banking on something, which you acknowledge has factually not really happened (and with good reason) is sheer folly.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Kravtsov is the only one you can really throw at center right now if I was forced to make that choice. Laf and KK are struggling as it is and the last thing you want to do is put them in a position they are even less comfortable in. Maybe years down the road when Laf or KK find their games you can see what they're capable at in the center position, but I would rather leave them all where they are right now. We have plenty of pieces to trade to get a decent young center this offseason and I think that's the route management will go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad