Should we have a team mascot?

Should we have a team mascot?

• Total voters

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not a huge fan of most of the team employed hype people to be honest. But neither of those things are there to attract me as a fan. I am delighted to sit at lower level hockey games to you know watch hockey not what is happening in the crowd.
How do you feel about Gritty?

I don't want or need a mascot for the Wings, but it's not something I'd even think about if they announced it. More of a "Oh, hm, I guess."

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If it is enough of an attraction that it drives families down to LCA on a regular basis so I don’t have to hear about sellouts comprised of corporate accounts with no willing attendees, then I’m all for it. I don’t think it will drive attendance, therefore I don’t think it’s a necessity.

That being said, if Chris and co. decide that it’s a decent idea, go for it; I won’t lose sleep over it.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
If not a mascot then the wings should have some ice girls. I'm from st.louis and we have them here for the blues and i must say it's pretty nice (for the kids) ya know ?

Attachments

• HnDqtyLo.jpg
    HnDqtyLo.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 11

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
If not a mascot then the wings should have some ice girls. I'm from st.louis and we have them here for the blues and i must say it's pretty nice (for the kids) ya know ?

What’s that dude doing in there?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Unpopular opinion I know, but I'd rather have a mascot then ice girls.

I'd rather pander to kids than to dudes who want the Hooters experience at their hockey games.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Detroit had a little funny-looking guy in a suit for years on end. He came around once in a while, getting booed mercilessly, except for when he handed the Cup to somebody. Oh wait, here's a pic:

380289.jpg

Pfft, what a little goofball. Here's to hoping he resumes his hardware dispensing in the future.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not a huge fan of most of the team employed hype people to be honest. But neither of those things are there to attract me as a fan. I am delighted to sit at lower level hockey games to you know watch hockey not what is happening in the crowd.

Those mascots are really important investments for the future business. Those work with kids like a magnet. Smallers kids won't usually remember of a game anything else than that mascot if they did met him/her or it did something nice and funny. It's huge tool to grow fan base. Wait 20 years and those part of those kids who did liked the mascot, will became your next generation season-ticket holders.

My Finnish favourite team unleashed it something like over a decade ago, and it has been nothing but a huge success. Just build the character right way, it was just kind of a big-human-figure-doll with a team-related nickname and acrobatic woman inside doing many kind of tricks for the kids.

Reactions: izlez

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
They sold Al off for $7,000.

If the Wings ever get a mascot, it needs to be the Little Caesar's guy - hairy chest and all.

THUMBS-UP-CASEAR.jpg

EDIT: Found him
3893250737_03f1e7401b_b.jpg

Now that you mention it, it's kinda hard to believe this has not already happened.

Unpopular opinion I know, but I'd rather have a mascot then ice girls.

I'd rather pander to kids than to dudes who want the Hooters experience at their hockey games.

I am in agreement with you, kinda thinking more and more gratuitous T&A should be dialed down as a sign of the times, if you need T&A in your life there are places to go.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If the kids want a mascot that's cool. I only know a handful of the team mascots, so they must be pretty benign.

Hard pass on ice girls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad