Should we have a team mascot?

Should we have a team mascot?

• Total voters

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Should we have a team mascot? We're 1 of 2 teams without one, based on this picture. Without looking it up, who is the other team?

upload_2019-7-16_9-46-48.png

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The Red Wings and the Octopus are already pretty synonymous and that's ok with me. I don't think we need an actual "guy in a suit" mascot.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't want one, I like that they never had one though they have paid superfans like Mo Cheese in the past and that isn't untacky either. Still we made it through the first 90 years without and I don't need one.

Understand if the crowd with kids are begging for even a five second reprieve of silence while your kid stares at the mascot as that is what they are there for. Just fine without one. I will say I have seen a few injuries at games over the years that I actually could attribute to the presence of one, but kids really do love them. I am still not sure what the Milwaukee Admirals mascot really is, but man he always had 20 kids walking in behind him/her.

Last edited:

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
Wow, what the **** does Edmonton got going on? Some kind of evil bobcat? Lmao

That’s why we shouldn’t have a mascot. I go to watch a NHL hockey game, kids would probably love it though.

Reactions: DatsDeking

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Seems like the right thread for this, which apparently happened a couple days ago (watch til the end).

I voted No regarding a mascot but don't have super strong feelings about it. Having been to a Kings game, Bailey is often incredibly annoying, walking around banging on this loud drum during stoppages in play. He's a little overly present during games.

As long as the Wings mascot isn't that annoying, go for it.

Reactions: ZDH

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Personally, I have never found mascots to be entertaining. But I wouldn't be sour if it happened and people feel enjoyment over it.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I suspect Chris Illitch will slowly reverse previous mandates by Mike, such as no mascots, no third jersey's and have more jersey retirements.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Personally no value for me and I like the fact we don’t have one. That said, I wouldn’t care much if they decided they wanted one moving forward.

What would our mascot even be? Octopus seems like front runner but i feel like it would be a challenge to actually design a functional costume a human can move around in haha

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My face when I'm trying to figure out whether you're for or against this.

Not a huge fan of most of the team employed hype people to be honest. But neither of those things are there to attract me as a fan. I am delighted to sit at lower level hockey games to you know watch hockey not what is happening in the crowd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->