Should we go after Eichel? Do we have a chance?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Should we try? Yes.
What will it cost? WHo the hell knows, it's been a long time since a player of Eichel's ilk was traded.

Reactions: Number 39

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
What do you think? 1) Should we even attempt to get Jack Eichel out of Buffalo and 2) Could we do it and with what?

A PP unit of

Tkachuk (LHS)
Eichel(RHS) - Lindholm (RHS) - Gaudreau (LHS)
Kinnvall (RHS)

Would ostensibly be the best PP in the league for the next five years.

You'd be crazy not to offer up every other player on the roster (except Mangiapane/Kylington), prospect, or top 2 protected 2022/23 pick Buffalo wants. Monahan, Dube, Tanev, and Hanifin are the four easiest assets to offer, and then you add from there as Buffalo requests.

Lucic-Eichel-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Pelletier-Backlund-Phillips
Ruzicka-Ryan-Zavgorodniy

Kylington-Andersson
Giordano-Kinnvall
Valimaki-Stone

Markstrom

Yeah... that is a helluva lineup. top 3 in the league.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
No I don't think we have a chance...........he will want to stay in U.S. and go to a big market. Coincidentally the NY Rangers and LA Kings have scores of young talent to offer up. LA wouldn't even have to give up Byfield; they could start a package with Turcotte. Kings could trot out Kopitar, Eichel and Byfield next year. Rangers can start their offer with Kakko.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A PP unit of

Tkachuk (LHS)
Eichel(RHS) - Lindholm (RHS) - Gaudreau (LHS)
Kinnvall (RHS)

Would ostensibly be the best PP in the league for the next five years.

You'd be crazy not to offer up every other player on the roster (except Mangiapane/Kylington), prospect, or top 2 protected 2022/23 pick Buffalo wants. Monahan, Dube, Tanev, and Hanifin are the four easiest assets to offer, and then you add from there as Buffalo requests.

Lucic-Eichel-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Pelletier-Backlund-Phillips
Ruzicka-Ryan-Zavgorodniy

Kylington-Andersson
Giordano-Kinnvall
Valimaki-Stone

Markstrom

Yeah... that is a helluva lineup. top 3 in the league.

Yup offer whatever it takes. What is the worst case? Going for Wright and/or Bedard?

As for kylington, don’t worry, he was already free, twice and nobody wanted him

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
You have to at least try.

Due to Tkachuk’s QO, he would be the primary piece I’d trade.

Tkachuk + 2022 1st (top 3 protected) + Pelletier would be my offer.

Thndrstruck

Sep 3, 2011
Calgary
Yup offer whatever it takes. What is the worst case? Going for Wright and/or Bedard?

As for kylington, don’t worry, he was already free, twice and nobody wanted him

That's my opinion. At this point we are in the grips of mediocrity. We need to do something to get out of the, either in the draft or a BIG trade!

Reactions: DFF

Thndrstruck

Sep 3, 2011
Calgary
No I don't think we have a chance...........he will want to stay in U.S. and go to a big market. Coincidentally the NY Rangers and LA Kings have scores of young talent to offer up. LA wouldn't even have to give up Byfield; they could start a package with Turcotte. Kings could trot out Kopitar, Eichel and Byfield next year. Rangers can start their offer with Kakko.
It doesn't matter at this point. He doesn't have an NMC and is signed until 2026. So it's more up to the GM than the player at this point. But I would hesitate paying that much for a player that doesn't want to be here.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I'd personally take Tkachuk over Turcotte and Kakko.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sabres might want to move him to the Western conference. If that's the case then there may not be many more motivated teams than Calgary to get a deal done.

Kings seem content to keep building through the draft and already have a bunch of high upside centers. Sharks would have to find a way to move a lot of declining money out to make it work. Ducks are a possibility but can't see them wanting to move both Zegras and Drysdale which might be what it would take, plus they have a somewhat strict internal budget. Coyotes are cash conscious and don't have a ton of attractive assets + are missing this year's 1st. Canucks are going to have enough trouble paying Pettersson and Hughes. Wild are a total wildcard here, could see them putting together an attractive offer.

If Tre could pull off Eichel all his past transgressions would be forgiven.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If you're going to do it. You have to do it without trading Tkachuk or Gaudreau or it's not worth it.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Try it. Weird spot because the flames are likely a Gaudreau for futures trade away from Shane Wright territory. Try to sign Gaudreau for 6*7.5ish first

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Try it. Weird spot because the flames are likely a Gaudreau for futures trade away from Shane Wright territory. Try to sign Gaudreau for 6*7.5ish first
I think if we trade for Eichel first, it could convince Gaudreau to stay

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I mean, yes.

My tanking philosophy comes from the premise that we won't get him. Calgary's always the runner-up in everything, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

That said; Calgary likely has the destination/pieces to get an Eichel trade done.

For the NYR stuff, that's going to cost them a small fortune. No way Buffalo sends possibly a top 5 player on the planet to a team they have to play a 25-30 times minimum until his contract expires. It'd be a nasty one that'd likely gut the Rangers pretty significantly.

Not sure what it'd take.
Likely some package of Tkachuk, Monahan, 2021 first, 2022 first and some other odds and ends. It'd be one that we felt for sure. It would hit a reset button in Calgary too though... with the Seattle expansion then being felt by this team for sure (if you get Eichel, they won't let Gio walk).

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Monahan + Tkachuk + Parsons + Zavgorodniy + 2021 first + 2022 second

To be honest, the only piece in the entire system I would really hate to include in a trade for Eichel is Zary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad