Should we give Reid Boucher another shot?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Hard to believe that he’s been with the organization for almost 4 years already

He has always been a player that scores a bunch of pts in the ahl but becomes invisible in the nhl. Doesn’t help that he had two straight disappointing pre season campaign that killed all the hope fans might had in him.

With that being said, he is currently the top scorer in the AHL, should we give him one last shot with the team in a scoring role? Because I don’t Think he will want to come back next season, he would most likely go to Europe if he can’t get a one way deal from other nhl teams.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think it's a worthwhile question. Management's answer will be no, but I'm not sure that's the right answer.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Boucher could 'check his hat' in his own zone, he'd be a better option on the third or fourth than half the grinders the Canucks are currently employing.

But he's in the same boat as Goldobin.....Green just doesn't like them.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
You would have to play him with Bo or Petey though. He's not a good enough skater to play on checking lines.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
You would have to put him on a scoring line and if you’re going to do that you may as well call Goldobin up.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You would have to put him on a scoring line and if you’re going to do that you may as well call Goldobin up.
You would have to play him with Bo or Petey though. He's not a good enough skater to play on checking lines.
As the old saying goes, if Boucher isn't a better skater than Schaller or Eriksson, then I'll eat my hat.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Nope.

I see him as a top 6 role or nothing.

If you have Reid Boucher as your top 6 forward, then you’re in trouble.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

He has always been a player that scores a bunch of pts in the ahl but becomes invisible in the nhl. Doesn’t help that he had two straight disappointing pre season campaign that killed all the hope fans might had in him.

With that being said, he is currently the top scorer in the AHL, should we give him one last shot with the team in a scoring role? Because I don’t Think he will want to come back next season, he would most likely go to Europe if he can’t get a one way deal from other nhl teams.

I’d be willing to give him the “Nikolai Goldobin shot” (ie if Ferland, Motte, Baertschi, Schaller, MacEwan, and Eriksson are all injured, than......).

Beyond that conditional however, I’d pass.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

Nope no chance. He is getting paid very well

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I would give him a shot if the team was thinking of Goldobin to fill in and potentially provide some scoring as a reward for his play, but has he improved his skating? I remember many years back Alexandre Giroux and Keith Aucoin were given a bit of a shot during the Calder Cup winning days and they didn't amount to anything at the NHL level. Different time, but when skating is a problem that prevents you to get to the part of the ice you're use to getting to at the AHL level and having the time and space to get your shot off. Plenty of AHL superstars can't make it to the NHL for this reason plus they weren't the best defensive players with enough size to begin with.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
You do know he's raking in $750k in the A.
He's being paid handsomely for his contribution.... Don't think Europe is on the table for him yet. We'll see what the Canucks pay next summer. He's been worth it so far....

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Would make for a good story. Was really happy for guys like Alex Biega, Alex Burrows, Nolan Baumgartner (for that one season), etc that worked their tail off in the AHL, then made it to the NHL.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
If you can lead the AHL in scoring, you should at least get a peek at an NHL team when some of their forwards that play the same position are injured. I think he should get a few games this year to see if he can catch fire. He's not a bad player.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I feel like if we run into injuries and need to recall a top six forward, he's earned a shot. He's probably behind Baertschi and Goldobin in the pecking order, but he's been a good soldier on the farm.

Right now, though, there's no room or need for him to come up.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Give it a rest, all the soft perimeter wingers are gone and we look like a much better hockey team. These guys are elite AHLers. Granlund, Baertschi, Boucher, Goldobin, Megna, Leipisic.

Size matters.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
You do know he's raking in $750k in the A.
He's being paid handsomely for his contribution.... Don't think Europe is on the table for him yet. We'll see what the Canucks pay next summer. He's been worth it so far....
You do know he’s making 450k USD in the A. Still very handsomely paid and I think he stays in the organization if he keeps making that kinda money being the guy in the A. Doubt he would get that in Europe either

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
You do know he’s making 450k USD in the A. Still very handsomely paid and I think he stays in the organization if he keeps making that kinda money being the guy in the A. Doubt he would get that in Europe either

Edit: double checked and he has a minimum 500k guaranteed this year

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Why are we not giving Boucher a chance over Eriksson when we are losing the most crucial games of the season? He has 63 points in 50 games with Utica. I don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad