Should we be reading more into how Sidney Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
I agree with the original poster. I mean if he didn't raise 300 million dollars in his rookie season, how great is he really. Im pretty sure thats why he didnt win the Calder.:dunce:

Seriously though, just stop with your hate on for Sid.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Was said to be “the next one†and all that jazz yet not only has he done very little for the sport but he wasn’t even enough of a draw to save the Pittsburgh penguins from being relocated.

It’s a pretty telling and a huge disappointment that everyone wants to conveniently shove under the rug and forget about

How has Crosby done very little for the sport? What is he supposed to do build 500hockey rinks in Africa? Make it colder in more of the Northern Hemisphere so the outdoor season lasts longer? The Pens are drawing better with Crosby than before they got him. The Pens are in the playoff hunt.

I guess Crosby should have started a Slots Company and bought the team an arena. I mean Mario did save the Pens from bankruptcy and from leaving Pittsburgh by buying the team, why can't Crosby do the same? I am sure as a 19 year old he has $300 million stuck in his sock drawer to buy a new arena and the hockey team.

This is the dumbest thread in the History of HFboards. And that is quite an accomplishment.

Kudos!

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
What kind of stupid do you have to be to make the assumption that Crosby isn't a good enough hockey player because he doesn't draw enough people (oh, wait, he does actually) to his home games.

Crosby is an overhyped player, because let's be honest, if he were as good as people say, his play would have a calming effect on world oil prices.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Didn't Mario put up huge points when he came back?

Oh yeah. Mario was Huge for them

2000-2001 GP: 43 Goals: 34 Assists: 41 Points 76
2001-2002 GP: 24 Goals: 6 Assists: 25 Points: 31
2002-2003 GP: 67 Goals: 28 Assists: 63 Points: 91
2003-2004 GP: 10 Goals: 1 Assists: 8 Points: 9
2005-2006 GP: 26 Goals: 7 Assists: 15 Points 22

Not bad for someone who missed 3 years, was injury plagued and getting old, not bad at all.

And OP

think before you post. This thread is outrageous, Crosby is playing fantastic, not much else he can do. Its isnt his fault if the building's capacity isn't high enough, and the upkeep is to expensive to pay bills. Fans are showing up.

I think it's time for you to come back from lunch...you've been gone for a while.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Wow, what a poorly researched post.

Before Crosby, the Penguins had less than 12,000 fans per game (paid attendance, by memory, I remember there being a lot of empty seats still). Last year, even though the team fortunes were about the same (still last in the conference), they average just under 16,000. That's a 33% increase, which is an amazing amount of star power for a rookie player. Those attendance figures are not far off from the team's highs during the early 90's, when they won back-to-back cups, with Mario Lemieux in his prime.

Crosby is a draw, and has re-vitalized the team as much as any one player can. What he can't do, is build an arena, that was dependant on the decision of local politicians.

Kreed

Oct 22, 2006
Its a shame I'm not articulate enough (with the english language) to explain what I am trying to say but oh well

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Its a shame I'm not articulate enough (with the english language) to explain what I am trying to say but oh well

My guess is that your ability to explain what you're trying to say here is independent of which language you're using.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If we had a Hall of Fame here, this thread would be nominated in the same category as the infamous "Puck Poise" thread.

And it wouldn't be complete without someone making a comment along the lines of "Ovechkin would have built the arena himself instead of waiting for the politicians to pony up the money to do it."

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->