should Torts be fired immediately if it means PLD will stay?

should Torts be fired asap if it means PLD will stay?

• yes, fire Torts immediately

• no, keep Torts, trade PLD asap

• neither, both will stay with the team longterm

• neither, both will be gone by the summer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
We are fans so we aren't getting the whole story so my comment is under the assumption that Torts is a substantial reason why PLD is unhappy and wants a trade. Torts was totally justified in benching him last night, and we've likely reached the point of no return with PLD where he now has to be traded. However you can't have a coach that actively alienates your players to that degree. It's damaging to the organization and ultimately a fireable offense.

So both need to go now.

Reasonable post. Honestly, both before the season should have had a sit down to discuss this. Probably did but who knows. Seems like whatever's going on, is only getting worse. Its a tough spot for Jarmo. Finally gets a good young C to build around after RJ was traded and this happens. At the same time, if you fire the coach, what kind of message are you sending? pout and whine enough and youll get your way? i also think if Torts was significantly at fault here, he would have been let go in the summer.

should be interesting to see how this plays out.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think that gets PLD to stay. Columbus / Ohio isn't exactly a great market to play in .

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
A 22yr old RFA has the leverage to decide who/what team he plays for? This shit coach has a Cup. PLD doesnt. Tort actually is the coach that got CBJ playing. PLD is an entitled kid who quit on his teammates and demanded a trade. HE also signed a contract which he should honor. Shitting on the team and teammates make me think he is a liability and I wouldnt want him on my team. The behaviour is beyond stupid.
you just made that up

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Jack Eichel says hi

your potential franchise centre is worth more than a coach ever will, if you ask me. Again, we can call him a baby all we want, but anyone here would quit their job if they had a very toxic relationship with their boss.

Well, thats on the GM. Hasnt gone too well for Buffalo has it?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Torts just took the defending Stanley Cup champs to OT and we're talking about firing him? I'd say it's even more impressive he did it while also benching his star centre. Eg. as an Oil fan, if we bench McDavid there is no way in hell we are getting to OT against Tampa.lol Torts should get a raise, that is a hell of a feat!

Reactions: Luckylarry

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Did I? If he mailes it in, askes for a trade when he just signed a contract and doesnt do shit on the ice - that is shitting on his team and teammates. What else is it?
in all probability, as most people/insiders have speculated, its that PLD and Torts have a toxic relationship and therefore he wants out asap.

That has nothing to do with his teammates.

Reactions: ujju2

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
you seriously wouldve kept the coach and GM and got rid of Eichel..... really?

Eichel doesnt own the team and I have a hard time understanding how a player can veto a coachs decisions. If a player can overturn the coach, then there is something really wrong with the organisation. Then have Eichel to be a coach-player...

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Eichel doesnt own the team and I have a hard time understanding how a player can veto a coachs decisions. If a player can overturn the coach, then there is something really wrong with the organisation. Then have Eichel to be a coach-player...
so if youre the owner, and Jack EIchel says its me or the coach, what do you do? simple question

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
in all probability, as most people/insiders have speculated, its that PLD and Torts have a toxic relationship and therefore he wants out asap.

That has nothing to do with his teammates.

Have you ever played anything? If a teammate would do that on my team, I would absolutely hold him accountable for his shitty effort. Either he asks to sit or then he gives 100%. If he just floats on the ice he is absolutely shitting on the team and teammates!

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Torts just took the defending Stanley Cup champs to OT and we're talking about firing him? I'd say it's even more impressive he did it while also benching his star centre. Eg. as an Oil fan, if we bench McDavid there is no way in hell we are getting to OT against Tampa.lol Torts should get a raise, that is a hell of a feat!
thats your argument for keeping Torts? he went to OT against TB in one regular season game after starting the season 1-2-1

LA beat COL yesterday too. Should we give McLellan the Jack Adams?

Reactions: SteveHanson

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If PLD is playing without interest in hopes of speeding up a trade, then (if he is traded) make sure it’s not where he wants. Really liked how he played so hard to beat Toronto in the bubble, but this disinterested play is surely not looking good for him right now.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Have you ever played anything? If a teammate would do that on my team, I would absolutely hold him accountable for his shitty effort. Either he asks to sit or then he gives 100%. If he just floats on the ice he is absolutely shitting on the team and teammates!
And if the coach is going overboard with his mistreatment of a player and his teammates do nothing about it why should he give a shit sbout them? He could be stuck with Torterella for years if they don't trade him. what other leverage does he have?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
he lost the puck in the corner against two players... 30 out of 31 coaches would not have benched him after such a nothing play. Fact.

Torts clearly did it because its PLD and the situation thats going on. If you cant see that, you must be blind.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Because they made the decision to hire him in the first place and are clearly prioritizing him over their star player
says who? no coach is "stuck" anywhere. And again, this is the last year of his contract. Tell me why he hasnt been extended yet if hes such a "priority"?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
A 22yr old RFA has the leverage to decide who/what team he plays for? This shit coach has a Cup. PLD doesnt. Tort actually is the coach that got CBJ playing. PLD is an entitled kid who quit on his teammates and demanded a trade. HE also signed a contract which he should honor. Shitting on the team and teammates make me think he is a liability and I wouldnt want him on my team. The behaviour is beyond stupid.

So if this was McDavid, you’d echo the same sentiments, right?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
he lost the puck in the corner against two players... 30 out of 31 coaches would not have benched him after such a nothing play. Fact.

Torts clearly did it because its PLD and the situation thats going on. If you cant see that, you must be blind.

You clearly didnt see the whole shift. He floated all the time and didnt make one effort to get the puck back. Then he went for the change slower than a 2yr old while the opponents were on attack. Complete bullshit

Reactions: Just Linda

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You clearly didnt see the whole shift. He floated all the time and didnt make one effort to get the puck back. Then he went for the change slower than a 2yr old while the opponents were on attack. Complete bullshit
ok, Ill take your word for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->