should Torts be fired immediately if it means PLD will stay?

should Torts be fired asap if it means PLD will stay?

• yes, fire Torts immediately

• no, keep Torts, trade PLD asap

• neither, both will stay with the team longterm

• neither, both will be gone by the summer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Evergreen

Torts being fired isn't going to get PLD to stay. By all accounts it's not just about the coach - PLD wants to play in a larger market. Firing Torts would still mean losing PLD once his contract is up. I think you need to trade PLD asap. His attitude is becoming a problem for the team.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Torts being fired isn't going to get PLD to stay. By all accounts it's not just about the coach - PLD wants to play in a larger market. Firing Torts would still mean losing PLD once his contract is up. I think you need to trade PLD asap. His attitude is becoming a problem for the team.
you think a 22 year old just wants to play in a bigger market? I dont see it.... I think it has everything to do with Torts, which makes a lot more sense.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Youre just speculating, nobody knows why PLD wants out. Teammates and Torts have stated that they havent been given much of a reason.

Reactions: explore

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
seems that Kekalainen has to make a decision soon after last night
seems that Kekalainen has to make a decision soon after last night
Torts contract expires and the end of this season if ownership/management feel Dubois is willing to remaining in Columbus long term if Torts were to be fired then the answer is ownership/management need to fire Tortorella and keep Dubois.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMule93

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I'm sure its too late for PLD to stay.

They should still fire Torts though to avoid this happening again.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Well sure, PLD can ask for a a trade (which he has) but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to get a desirable outcome. He's under contract and under performing to boot.
again, if he has a toxic relationship with Torts, which he clearly does after yesterday, any destination would be more desirable at this point.

edit: he was benched after a few shifts, see the link

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
I understand varying opinions on Torts style of coaching but if you think canning Torts is going to stop this 22 year old brat from tip-toeing thru the tulips you are missing a lot...he wants to play in a big market. Where HE is a star. In his mind the game and the team come second to him. I would not want that in my locker room.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
again, if he has a toxic relationship with Torts, which he clearly does after yesterday, any destination would be more desirable at this point.

edit: he was benched after a few shifts, see the link

I can't speak to that and neither can you. We don't know that this trade request is 100% coach driven.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I understand varying opinions on Torts style of coaching but if you think canning Torts is going to stop this 22 year old brat from tip-toeing thru the tulips you are missing a lot...he wants to play in a big market. Where HE is a star. In his mind the game and the team come second to him. I would not want that in my locker room.
how do you know this? you play with him? know him personally?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I can't speak to that and neither can you. We don't know that this trade request is 100% coach driven.
I dont, but its whats most probable if you listen to what all the insiders are saying.

Makes more sense than him wanting to leave to be a big star in a bigger market at age 22. This isnt the NBA here.

And hes obviously not going to say "Im not getting a long with my coach and tahts why I want out".

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
After his showing, I doubt Torts is the only one that has a problem with him if they haven't had a problem with him as is already.

Reactions: SteveHanson

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
After his showing, I doubt Torts is the only one that has a problem with him if they haven't had a problem with him as is already.
he put a PPG in the post season, we know hes a great player.... If hes playing nonchalantly right now its surely cus hes had it with his coach. Definitely doesnt help, but maybe he feels Kekalainen will trade him faster now.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
kid is giving up. you bench him. that play is insane. you get paid to do a job, you want to pout and be an asshole, stay home.
someone else deserves your spot. how you can look your teammates in the face after these performances, idk. id love detroit to get him but im second guessing it now. dont need a whining little shit.

if my kid was acting like that, id whoop their ass. you do everything to the best of your ability or you dont deserve what you have. period.

that being said, no, he shouldnt be fired. he did his job, he deserved to be benched.

Reactions: jonlin

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
kid is giving up. you bench him. that play is insane. you get paid to do a job, you want to pout and be an asshole, stay home.
someone else deserves your spot. how you can look your teammates in the face after these performances, idk. id love detroit to get him but im second guessing it now. dont need a whining little shit.

if my kid was acting like that, id whoop their ass. you do everything to the best of your ability or you dont deserve what you have. period.

that being said, no, he shouldnt be fired. he did his job, he deserved to be benched.

Lol wut? After all that bashing

Reactions: Just Linda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad