Should they have pulled Jonathan Quick?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Have you not heard of a player named Patrick Roy? Kids these days...
I didn't remember Roy's game against total. I didn't follow hockey until I was a teenager so I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of stats out of the 1990s like I do for later on.

I also subtexted it to within the last few years, figuring there would be many 8+ goal games in the 1980s.

Another poster said Darling let in 8+ a couple of times before pulls last year, which seems extreme.

Does anyone know the post-2005-lockout record?

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Mclellan is a horrible coach. How he got another job again shocks me.

You had one of the worst powerplays in the league with Mcdavid on it. You had a record breaking year in terms of ineptitude on the penalty kill, 31st and approaching record lows, despite hiring a new set of coaches a year later and have almost the exact same horrible results on special team.

Dave Tippett will make that man look even more of a fraud then he is currently. What was L.A thinking?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
What is the record for highest goals against before a pull?
I figure 8 goals has to be close, especially within the last few years?

Have you not heard of a player named Patrick Roy? Kids these days...

OP asked for the record, which isn't Roy, he also asked for the last few years which isn't Roy. So while this is the most notable example and that's who I immediately thought of, I don't see the need for the "kids these days" snark when you're technically incorrect.

Record is 16 goals against, from a hundred years ago, in the last few years yeah, 8 must be up there. And yes, I'd say they should've pulled him just out of respect but understand why they didn't.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I used to be mesmerized by Quick and his splits. Was such an entertaining player to watch.

not sure where I’m going with this..... does he still do that?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
OP asked for the record, which isn't Roy, he also asked for the last few years which isn't Roy. So while this is the most notable example and that's who I immediately thought of, I don't see the need for the "kids these days" snark when you're technically incorrect.

Record is 16 goals against, from a hundred years ago, in the last few years yeah, 8 must be up there. And yes, I'd say they should've pulled him just out of respect but understand why they didn't.

Kids will be kids...that being said, big Al more recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->