Should the Wild extend Bruce Boudreau?

Extend BB

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt BB is the right guy for the job of what I would want done but in all fairness I don't know who is the right man for the job. Maybe an AHL coach.

I want the next coach to prioritize the development of the young guys, over the next five years extensive development of the youth will leave Fiala (29), Kaprizov (28), Kunin (27), Ek (28), Khovanov (25), Boldy (24), 2020 1st rounder (23), etc. Once the 15 M is off the books in five years and the 6 M the year before from Zucc this team should be ready to put themselves in a position to compete for a cup.

I have respect for BB and I think he was a great coach for our team in 2016-17, I don't think his perspective is what is needed for our team in 2020 and beyond. Then again I have no clue who the right person is I just don't think it is BB.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Boudreau...no thanks, time for you to retire.

I really liked Jim Montgomery, he was great with the kids. Interesting coach, if he can sort out his drinking problems.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I doubt BB is the right guy for the job of what I would want done but in all fairness I don't know who is the right man for the job. Maybe an AHL coach.

I want the next coach to prioritize the development of the young guys, over the next five years extensive development of the youth will leave Fiala (29), Kaprizov (28), Kunin (27), Ek (28), Khovanov (25), Boldy (24), 2020 1st rounder (23), etc. Once the 15 M is off the books in five years and the 6 M the year before from Zucc this team should be ready to put themselves in a position to compete for a cup.

I have respect for BB and I think he was a great coach for our team in 2016-17, I don't think his perspective is what is needed for our team in 2020 and beyond. Then again I have no clue who the right person is I just don't think it is BB.

It's hard to fault BB for placing an emphasis on winning versus development. Without the security of a long term contract, he has to do whatever is necessary to win games even if it comes at the expense of developing a younger player (see Donato).

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d like to bring in a rookie to grow with this team and its culture. Let’s find the next great coach and the next great players, as apposed to employing them while they’re well out of their prime like usual

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Boudreau will have another NHL head coaching gig by the start of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad