Should the sens bring back Jacques Martin as an assistant?

Bring back Jacques

• Just what the Sens need

• Stop looking at the clock

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He was just let go by the Rangers. He was the one responsible for turning a bunch of elite players into very good defenders when he was with the Sens. Would seem like a perfect fit with this young Sens team as an assistant.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Idk but we need someone who can run a PP and zone entries.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That ship has sailed. Brilliant coach but this teams culture is entirely different from Martin’s, not a fit

Reactions: Cosmix

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
MI0004380617.jpg

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Maybe as an assistant but not as a head coach

Frankly I feel like Sens fans look back too fondly at Martin's coaching days. The guy was terrible at adjusting for the playoffs and probably should have been fired after the 2001 sweep by the Leafs.

Reactions: h2

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think our defensive play has been progressing very well, I don't really see the fit.

What we really need is a PP coach...

Yeah, agreed on this. Martin has never coached PP, at least not for long... Pretty sure it was Tocchet or Recchi the entire time he was in PITS.

Does Troy Mann need an extension this year, or is that his brother? I know one is up this year, one next. I wonder if they will promote Troy, either this year or next... have to think the NHL offers are very soon to come for him. He's had 2 seasons below .500 in 9 years as head coach across 2 leagues and 4 teams. He's overseen the development of some really good players, too:
- Nate Schmidt
- Andre Burakovsky
- Jakub Vrana
- Dmitri Orlov
- Drake Batherson
- Josh Norris
- Alex Formenton
- Erik Brannstrom
- Nick Paul
- Chandler Stephenson
- Zach Sanford
- Jonas Siegenthaler
- Travis Boyd
- Nathan Walker
- Christian Djoos
- Madison Bowey
- Rudy Balcers
- Parker Kelly
- Christian Jaros
- Connor Carrick

Plus some solid goalies...
- Phillipp Grubauer
- Vitek Vanacek
- Joey Daccord
- Filip Gustavsson
- Pheonix Copely
- Marcus Hogberg

Pretty insane track record after only 6 years as a HC.

Reactions: Emrasie

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’d like to see him as an assistant. He’s still a teacher and while the sens have been improving defensively, they can’t afford to not maximize the development of these young defensemen.

I can certainly imagine a worse coach to help develop Chabot, Brannstrom, JBD, Mete, and eventually Sanderson, Thomson, and Kleven than the guy who developed Redden, Chara, Phillips, Rachunek and Volchenkov.

It also wouldn’t hurt DJ to have a guy with 30 years NHL coaching experience to bounce ideas off of.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He was just let go by the Rangers. He was the one responsible for turning a bunch of elite players into very good defenders when he was with the Sens. Would seem like a perfect fit with this young Sens team as an assistant.

If he turned "elite" into "very good": then NO! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Jacques seems to be defense first oriented. I would rather have a young offensive oriented coach.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I don’t think the Sens or Jacques gain anything by reuniting. He deserves to be head coach somewhere.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I don’t think the Sens or Jacques gain anything by reuniting. He deserves to be head coach somewhere.

I don't see JM getting another head coach job, good as assistant coach but I have to think the game has changed and his style is old school. If he wants another job on the team I would be up for it.POHO or assistant GM.

I do believe the Mann brothers deserve their promotions or where ever they want to be in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->