Should the players been allowed to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the executive board thought the offer was acceptable enough to vote on they would.

Since I'm not a player I say yes.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
It doesn't need to be public but they should have voted since so many jobs are at stakes. This is really high stakes and I wouldn't want someone making all of the final decisions without my input if I was in their situation.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Absolutely. The players stake in this is huge. Once a final offer was presented they should have had the chance to all have their say. And if it was a bad deal they could have turned it down as a group.

Now all have to live with the consequences of the decision of a few.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
BTW i voted yes. They hired Bob to get them the best deal possible. After it became clear the owners weren't gonna move on their offer, Bob owed it to the players to allow them to vote. Hence the best offer and let them decide. All it would have taken was for Bob to call Gary and ask him to hold off his press conference until the players voted.

SENSible1*

Bob wouldn't allow the vote because the result would have seen him looking for a new job. Unfortunatley for him, this decision was simply a stay of execution.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The players should ahve voted on the owers final proposal & the owners should have voted on the players final propsal.

Would loved to have seen secret ballots, and what the final tally was. Have them both released to the media at the same time.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
John Flyers Fan said:
The players should ahve voted on the owers final proposal & the owners should have voted on the players final propsal.

Would loved to have seen secret ballots, and what the final tally was. Have them both released to the media at the same time.

Sounds good to me. Lets see who is really holding back the negotiations.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:

I'm just speculating but you would think the owners at least had a conference call on the players final offer where they would have had the chance to voice their opinion.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Chili said:
I'm just speculating but you would think the owners at least had a conference call on the players final offer where they would have had the chance to voice their opinion.

Doesn't sounds like that happened. Sounds like Bettman wasked about moving their offer up to $45 million and was turned down by the hard-line group.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
Doesn't sounds like that happened. Sounds like Bettman wasked about moving their offer up to $45 million and was turned down by the hard-line group.

If that's true then I would agree, they should have all had a chance to voice their opinion on the players counter proposal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->