Should the OBC still be employed?

Should the OBC still be employed?

• Total voters

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I legit don't understand the question.
What does it mean if I choose yes? Like how on earth could you say yes?!
  • I'm not in favor of going through 12 more rebuilds before winning a cup.
  • I'm in favor of having office staff with a history of getting things done the right way.
  • I don't think that NHL office staff should be getting paid to sit around and drink wine with the owner of the team.
  • I think it's pretty embarrassing to take a job just because your buddy is a loser without any friends and figures he can buy some via giving people jobs.
  • I understand that it's natural for teams to welcome back past alumni after they've retired as players, but those players should screw the hell off an get a job in the juniors to prove their worth before they come knocking on the door for a job with a team worth north of half a billion dollars.
  • If I were a worthless moocher and took the job before I was qualified for it and screwed the team over, I'd just go into retirement. I can't imagine how I'd deal with all the public shaming for all the bad decisions the team had made that I had a hand in.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Keith Gretzky - I'm actually ok with the Oilers giving him a shot as GM. Made a couple good moves with the Talbot and Gagner trade, and didn't get owned at the deadline like Chia would have (here's our unprotected 2019 1st round for your 4th line C!)

Just that Keith Gretzky hasn't managed to screw us up even worse in the less than 2 months that he's had to be acting GM doesn't mean that he's the right guy for the GM job. I'm very much in favor of keeping him as an assistant.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I will not, but I will say that If you think the Fans are Angry the OBC is well past us

Oooooh. They're mad.

Did they stamp their feet and threaten to hold their breath?

They're mad because all that careful work to appear invisible didn't work. People see right through them and what they see is incompetence.

Shocking.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Oooooh. They're mad.

Did they stamp their feet and threaten to hold their breath?

They're mad because all that careful work to appear invisible didn't work. People see right through them and what they see is incompetence.

Shocking.

If you say so

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Knowing what and who i know there is no reason to target the OBC for the failures of Nicholson
Of course there's a reason to Target the entire OBC. They all sucked at the jobs they were hired at one point to do. They failed. on all accounts. You don't continue to employ people who helped contribute to 12 seasons of the worst hockey anyone has ever seen. In any capacity. It doesn't matter if they have any say at all. Simply having them around at all tells everyone that you are okay with and will reward failure. You remove them all if you care at all about ever turning it around.

There are no if's and's or but's about it. You're just straight up wrong if you think anyone should remain employed.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I will not, but I will say that If you think the Fans are Angry the OBC is well past us
What the hell are they angry about exactly? It’s not like those guys didn’t have their shot and fail spectacularly themselves. They are the reason the team was in such a hole in the first place. If they hadn’t screwed up so badly for so long, Nicholson and then Chiarelli never would have been brought in here. Are some of them actually suggesting they’d have done better? What a bunch of arrogant pieces of shit. This is exactly why you completely clean house when you do a regime change.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Of course there's a reason to Target the entire OBC. They all sucked at the jobs they were hired at one point to do. They failed. on all accounts. You don't continue to employ people who helped contribute to 12 seasons of the worst hockey anyone has ever seen. In any capacity. It doesn't matter if they have any say at all. Simply having them around at all tells everyone that you are okay with and will reward failure. You remove them all if you care at all about ever turning it around.

There are no if's and's or but's about it. You're just straight up wrong if you think anyone should remain employed.
They are either all a bunch of yes men or they were all too complacent during PC's time here.

Either way they didn't do enough to help PC out or limit the damage he was doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->