Should the NHL change the Draft rules

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
TinCanCommunications said:
I am talking about LAST YEAR's Draft.

"Which again supports my argument that teams DO NOT ABSOLUTELY NEED draft picks to correlate with their league position each and every year to be competitive."

Uh, the point you're missing is that last year was just like your proposal. We gave one of the best teams in the league the 3rd overall pick.

Big *duh* that Carolina didn't need the pick to be competitive, they were already one of the best teams in the league. We just didn't know it yet because of the year off. Meanwhile, a team that wasn't very good didn't get the pick, and *won't* be competitive next year or the year after, etc.

Your suggestion does nothing except occassionally rob the poor and give to the rich.
--
Hurry! Only a few hours left to enter your playoff predictions in the 2nd Annual Playoff Certainty Contest

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
new rule - the pens dont get a top 10 pick for the next 10 years
how many years of rebuilding do you need before you start winning games?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kardi said:

Do not worry . . . I think that we are moving into the kick everyone's rear stage now and you can find other reasons than top ten picks to hate us. But do change the rules and see how you like us in a couple of years when we are competing for a cup and still win the lottey and get the top pick. I will personally enjoy that quite a bit.

The Pens Are Back*

Kardi said:

1981 6 D Jim Benning
1982 3 D Gary Nylund
1983 7 R Russ Courtnall
1984 4 D Al Iafrate
1985 1 L Wendel Clark
1986 6 C Vincent Damphousse
1987 7 D Luke Richardson
1988 6 L Scott Pearson
1989 3 C Scott Thornton

hope it doesn't take 9 years like it took the leafs

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Jaded-Fan said:
Do not worry . . . I think that we are moving into the kick everyone's rear stage now and you can find other reasons than top ten picks to hate us. But do change the rules and see how you like us in a couple of years when we are competing for a cup and still win the lottey and get the top pick. I will personally enjoy that quite a bit.
:deadhorse:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->