Should the NHL adopt the NBA's new jersey system?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Like the Scudetto in Serie A. Would love something like that
Or the golden Premier League logo in the EPL.

I would also be in favor of some kind of uniform recognition for past titles of teams, like the golden tag on the back of NBA jerseys or the stars that soccer teams wear above their crests.

Reactions: FourRings

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
People will say no because the NHL is an old boys club and its fans mostly enjoy nothing new

however the other three major sports are flourishing with jersey changes, especially mlb and nba.

NHL is an entire sweater so I doubt theyll ever go overboard with tons of designs, but one or two unique jerseys every 3-5 years isnt a bad idea for marketing and general aesthetics

AdvancedPressure

Jan 19, 2021
No. They already released a bunch of god awful reverse retros last year. The last thing we need is more glow in the dark florescent shit or whatever to try to appeal to "the kids." IMO a third jersey loses it's novelty when there are 7 of them in six different colors, with one or two new ones added every other year. Basically a money grab. No thanks.

Reactions: jetsforever

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
4 Jerseys at most, home team gets first dibs on which one they want to use that game and visitor can choose any that isn't too close to matching whatever the home team went with that day.

Shonky

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Can't read a couple posts without getting lost: not my problem.
Just a Jersey suggestion, don't see why China needed to be brought up.

Quick to speak about China but I wonder what you had to say about Kyrie getting a bottle thrown at him. How about handling some issues at home first?

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
I think teams should be allow to choose which jerseys they can wear at home whenever they want, that’s one thing I like about how NBA does their jerseys. If the Jets want to wear white at home during the playoffs they should. At least allow teams to wear 3rd or throwbacks once a series. Sports is a business more than tradition especially in today’s climate.

Reactions: AD Skinner

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
NHL should adopt nothing from the NBA.

Given enough time, that league is going to be turning tricks in the streets just because it will bring in more revenue. And when they do they will find out that the NFL already moved into that game a year prior.

Do not lose your soul for a quick buck or to virtue signal.

Well said

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I think teams should be allow to choose which jerseys they can wear at home whenever they want, that’s one thing I like about how NBA does their jerseys. If the Jets want to wear white at home during the playoffs they should. At least allow teams to wear 3rd or throwbacks once a series. Sports is a business more than tradition especially in today’s climate.
I agree, though I think there's currently a rule about only using one home and one away set in the playoffs. Dont see why that couldn't be changed though

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Not as overboard with the amount of jerseys per team, but I’d love seeing more alternates and redesigns. Maybe different themes every year too.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Between the standard jerseys, alternate jerseys, reverse retros, and stadium series/winter classic jerseys NHL fans have more than enough jerseys to choose from.

The City jerseys are an interesting idea, but implemented so poorly IMO.

Do we really need to see a Flyers jersey that says PHILA on it?

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
No. It takes a while for me to tune in and even figure out who is playing the game sometimes. Atlanta was wearing Black looking Brooklyn Nets jerseys with MLK across the front of them. How am i supposed to immediately know that they are the Atlanta Hawks? There is absolutely zero identifiers anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->