Line Combos: Should the Leafs split up the PP units?

Should the Leafs split of the PP units?

• Total voters

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I love these threads. Leafs’ HFBoards is going absolutely berserk in a 1-2-2 “slump”.

Sparks suck play Andersen. Don’t play Andersen he sucks. Trade Gardiner he sucks. Put Gardiner with Rielly they’re unbeatable. Stack the lines. Don’t stack the lines. You can’t win playing only 3 lines Randy. You can’t win playing 4 lines Mike. This team lacks skill/speed, they’ll never win in the playoffs. This team is so soft they’ll never win in the playoffs.

Honestly... this forum has always been bipolar but it’s gotten beyond extreme this year.

Reactions: Community

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Only change I would make is to move Kadri to the 2nd unit so he gets more touches.

I see Nylander playing the Marner role of last year once he gets going. He is a tremendous PP player and will do a fantastic job of running the second unit.

While I agrre 90s to the top unit could help, I think Babcock splits the time between the two units because it is the regular season and he would rather have everybody well rested for the playoffs. 30s less per powerplay ends up being a significant less amount of minutes throughout the season.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
If babcock insists on splitting tim, then move kadri to the 2nd unit. Nylander needs a finisher on that unit imo. Kapanen should also be on that unit.

Or go 5 forwards and put Nylander where Matthews is and move matthews to the point.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
JT only has 7 out of his 34 points on the PP. Doesn't seem to be getting utilized to the best of his ability.

Maybe it would be worth having Gards, Nylander and JT on the 2nd unit. Especially if Babcock is going to split the time fairly evenly either way.

Might force teams not to use all their best PKers against the Marner unit.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
not only should we be stacking our PP...we should be stacking up our lines

babcock is out thinking himself, sticking to his old school ways or something...just put your best talent together and watch them work their magic, and if it doesnt work well you cant do nothing as a coach cause it wont be your fault...this guy been given so much talent and has this guy here, that guy there, just do it

kapanen - matthews - nylander
johnsson - tavares - marner

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
run 4 PP ...:thumbu:
  1. Marner passing/shooting into the middle, similar to last years
  2. Willie/Matthews shooting from the outside
  3. Willie/Matthews/Tavares/Marner/Rielly
  4. the other guys

Ad

Upcoming events