• No, don't sign him, he's to old, and was just a rental

• No, we should develop a young guy like Roslo or someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yes your right on--and Helle will cost big bucs--like about $ 5-6 mil per year.

Yep Helle is going to cash in and we should rightfully sign him long term to lower the cost a bit. Trouba is a big question mark as to what he gets. Not sure if they will bridge MoJo or not. The rest of the contracts will be manageable. Signing Stastny is going to take a monumental effort from Chevy if that is what he wants to do. We have 3 contracts which are moveable. Myers, Perreault and Mason. If Chevy moves at least two of those we can sign Stastny on a short term deal. But we will still face a cap crunch in due time. But fear not as we have reinforcements on the way. If some of those guys can step up and fill roles we can trade some vets for younger guys and futures to keep the train rolling.

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Opportunities to dump salary without a massive dropoff:
  • Mason
  • Kulikov
  • Myers

The Jets should be looking at these moves regardless. Can't dedicate 10MM of cap to a mediocre 3rd pair - especially with Poolman and Niku pressing + Morrow and Chiarot for the press box.

Would Toby come back for another year on the cheap?

Little only becomes expendable if Stastny is retained, but he has a NTC.

My bet is Mason and Myers are moved at or around the draft. Chevy can hit free agency to find a cheap backup.

Lehtonen, Bernier, Halack, Ward, Lack, Hutton, Berra, among many others. There are a slew of capable backups available in FA this year.

Little's NMC is modified to a 14 no trade list. Limits our options but moving him wouldn't be impossible if need be.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yep Helle is going to cash in and we should rightfully sign him long term to lower the cost a bit. Trouba is a big question mark as to what he gets. Not sure if they will bridge MoJo or not. The rest of the contracts will be manageable. Signing Stastny is going to take a monumental effort from Chevy if that is what he wants to do. We have 3 contracts which are moveable. Myers, Perreault and Mason. If Chevy moves at least two of those we can sign Stastny on a short term deal. But we will still face a cap crunch in due time. But fear not as we have reinforcements on the way. If some of those guys can step up and fill roles we can trade some vets for younger guys and futures to keep the train rolling.

Well, I agree except for Myers -- I believe the Jet's are a loyalty organization, and will want to keep Myers. He's also signed til the end of next year, so I would bet they'll let that contract run it's course. Myer's also scores a lot of points, and that wins games.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Well, I agree except for Myers -- I believe the Jet's are a loyalty organization, and will want to keep Myers. He's also signed til the end of next year, so I would bet they'll let that contract run it's course. Myer's also scores a lot of points, and that wins games.

It will be a tough time for the Jets but if we want Stastny some big moves will have to be made. I also feel like once Trouba and MoJo are signed that we will have far to much cap on the books for dmen.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It will be a tough time for the Jets but if we want Stastny some big moves will have to be made. I also feel like once Trouba and MoJo are signed that we will have far to much cap on the books for dmen.

There's no question that your right--something has to give here. I don't think you'd get much for Myers as teams would be scared of his health problems--hips etc. I think the guy Chevy moves is Trouba--especially if he wants to much $$$ or would rather play down south?? We'll have to see how it plays out ?? Off season will tell us a lot.

I'm sure Chevy would like to keep them all -- but someone will have to go.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It's too bad that Trouba probably won't sign until just before arbitration. It'd be nice if he re-signed before the draft. You know, wanting to return to a Stanley Cup champ and all...

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

There's no question that your right--something has to give here. I don't think you'd get much for Myers as teams would be scared of his health problems--hips etc. I think the guy Chevy moves is Trouba--especially if he wants to much $$$ or would rather play down south?? We'll have to see how it plays out ?? Off season will tell us a lot.

I'm sure Chevy would like to keep them all -- but someone will have to go.

Myers definitely has some value. Leafs fans were willing to give up a 1st+. I'd imagine Chiarelli would sell his farm for Myers. I don't think we would have to be worried about a buyer.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Myers definitely has some value. Leafs fans were willing to give up a 1st+. I'd imagine Chiarelli would sell his farm for Myers. I don't think we would have to be worried about a buyer.

Well you could be right--I guess we'll see what Chevy does, and how this all plays out--it will be interesting, and even moreso if the Jets win the Stanley Cup.

I personally like Myers and would like to keep him, but I know about 50 % of the panel here, would like to trade him. I believe Chevy will do what's best for the club, and will have to take into consideration what the player wants to do as well. May get pretty complicated.

If I was Chevy and could get Ryan Nugent Hopkins for Myers--I'd think about that long and hard--especially if Trouba wants to sign here.

I do think we'll have Trouba and Myers both for next season-- at least--we'll see ??

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We have a winning team why would you want to change it? I'd only let ppl go if it means keeps our young guys together longer.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We have a winning team why would you want to change it? I'd only let ppl go if it means keeps our young guys together longer.

I think the our vets has really carried us a lot these playoffs. Wheeler, Stats and Buff have been huge contributors. Which can't be understated. Our young guys played really well all season but it's the vets that have taken over when the nerves got to some of our young guys. They to will get to that point but we need to have some older strong players around until that happens.

Reactions: KurtG8

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think the our vets has really carried us a lot these playoffs. Wheeler, Stats and Buff have been huge contributors. Which can't be understated. Our young guys played really well all season but it's the vets that have taken over when the nerves got to some of our young guys. They to will get to that point but we need to have some older strong players around until that happens.
Our best two players were helle and Chef both young guys. Buff took over series one but was less visible series 2.
I'd also add that Lowry was just as good as Little and that's another young gun.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Who will take on a $4 million dollar goalie that played minimally in a year? Sorry, I think Mason is unmovable at the moment.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Also I was referring to GNP's let's trade for RNH. So not sure what your post was referring to. I also want to keep Stas and Wheeler and Buff at fair prices.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Our best two players were helle and Chef both young guys. Buff took over series one but was less visible series 2.
I'd also add that Lowry was just as good as Little and that's another young gun.

Wheels has been huge all playoffs. Stastny has scored some incredible timely goals as well. I do agree about Lowry. Laine and Ehlers are both capable of more. I think Tanev has played above expectations as well. Copp is capable of better play though. Armia probably had his best game of the playoffs last night. Buff had some bad games but also some really good ones in series 2.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Hired gun who knew full well that he was a free agent at the end of the season, I'm sure he is happy playing here and enjoying the playoff run but his heart isn't here, somebody will over pay but it wont be us, all we can do is send him on his way with a ring.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He's going to get a ridiculous offer from a Montreal or someone like that, especially with the way he's played these playoffs.

Here's hoping Roslovic starts getting some more C work next year.
Depends on if he values winning more or money.id take the money but he will not get into the Hall of Fame without a Stanley cup. That's got to be worth 6 mil to be memorialized for some ppl.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's going to get a ridiculous offer from a Montreal or someone like that, especially with the way he's played these playoffs.

Here's hoping Roslovic starts getting some more C work next year.

Depends on if he values winning more or money.id take the money but he will not get into the Hall of Fame without a Stanley cup. That's got to be worth 6 mil to be memorialized for some ppl.

Judging by him and his dad's comments it seems they value winning. Stastny's dad was one of the best players of his era, trailing only Gretzky in production during his time in the league but he has no Cups to speak of. I think that seems to be something Paul really wants. He isn't going to ever be as great of a player as his father was. But if he can win a cup then he has done something his father never could and by Peter's comments it seems like he wants that for his son more than anything.

It's pretty damn likely Paul never sniffs the HOF. He has no top 5 finishes, no awards and even with a Cup he likely has zero chance of getting in on his production.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Judging by him and his dad's comments it seems they value winning. Stastny's dad was one of the best players of his era, trailing only Gretzky in production during his time in the league but he has no Cups to speak of. I think that seems to be something Paul really wants. He isn't going to ever be as great of a player as his father was. But if he can win a cup then he has done something his father never could and by Peter's comments it seems like he wants that for his son more than anything.

It's pretty damn likely Paul never sniffs the HOF. He has no top 5 finishes, no awards and even with a Cup he likely has zero chance of getting in on his production.
Oh well maybe his son Percy will be in the HOF. Also I do not know his name is Percy this is not a scoop it's going with the P theme and Paul's dad playing in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad