Should the Jets Extend Tanev now For $ 1.6 Mil for 3 years-Poll

Should the Jets Extend Tanev now for $ 1,6 mil per year over 3-4 years ??

• 1) no -I think he's making what hes worth right now- no salary increase.

• 2) wait til the season's over, and then make a decision, based on production.

• 3) Tanezv is overrated, and we can fill his spot with a cheaper entry level contact.

• 4) yes we should extend Tanev now for around $ 1,5 to $ 1.6 mil over 3-4 years.

• 5) The Jet's sould renew his contract at year's end, but no increase in salary.

• 6) Tanev is overrated, and we shoukld let him walk after this season - better guys out there.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There isn't enough room to tie up significant cap space on our depth pieces. We also have more depth at RW. Copp is also more versatile in that he can play C and LW so it's an easy decision for me.

You do notice that when Tanev steps back into the lineup--we start to win again -right. I think he'll score more goals than Copp on a regular basis. We'll see what happens here.

Reactions: Cypruss

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He's not a guy you sign for "whatever it takes". If he's affordable, sure. If not, see ya.

You don't overpay bottom 6 wingers, and Copp is more important than Tanev.

If he does go we can find a replacement for cheap go with Appleton.

Wouldn't mind re-signing him but he's not the focus at all this offseason.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
There isn't enough room to tie up significant cap space on our depth pieces. We also have more depth at RW. Copp is also more versatile in that he can play C and LW so it's an easy decision for me.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to recent events, but right now we have 4.125M for Perreault who is basically a depth piece. I would much rather have Tanev at 2.5 or less than Perreault. Not only does it save cap space, but when healthy Perreault is a 4th line winger behind our checking 3rd line and top 6 wingers Connor, Ehlers, Laine and Wheeler, none who are leaving any time soon.

I just disagree that the choice would be between Tanev and Copp. We can have both

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He's not a guy you sign for "whatever it takes". If he's affordable, sure. If not, see ya.

Last night both of them were more valuable than a lot of guys paid 3 mil or more.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to recent events, but right now we have 4.125M for Perreault who is basically a depth piece. I would much rather have Tanev at 2.5 or less than Perreault. Not only does it save cap space, but when healthy Perreault is a 4th line winger behind our checking 3rd line and top 6 wingers Connor, Ehlers, Laine and Wheeler, none who are leaving any time soon.

I just disagree that the choice would be between Tanev and Copp. We can have both

Perreault is going to need to move eventually just to afford the young guys, regardless of Tanev or Copp.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We are going to have to deal Perrault this summer as well. It's all well and good to say deal Trouba but we are going to need that space for a replacement dmen. No way can we do no to next year down all of Myers, Kuli and Jacob and expect to actually compete.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Most often Chevy has signed from the bottom up. Tanev may not be the priority others are, but I could easily see him as the first off-season signing.

han316

Feb 6, 2013
Tanev needs to be signed and it has to be a priority over the RFAs. I think he gets over 2m in the open market.

Reactions: GNP

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Frenchie is good as gone, Appleton is in.
Trouba will be traded for a good player plus their first rounder.

I just hope we don’t have to give up a good player to dump Perreault’s salary (see last year when we gave Armia away to dump Mason’s salary). I think Perreault is good enough that a team should be willing to take him on for one year left at $4.125 million (unlike the Mason situation), but who knows...

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
He's a guy we might have to pay. I'd rather pay him then Perreault for example. At least one I enjoy watching play. Gotta have your important glue guys, and Tanny seems like one of them.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
You have all summer to sign RFAs you don't with UFAs.
This has been my take as well. Tanev is absolutely 1st on the list. Myers and Chiarot as well if the Jets have intention to sign them......which they probably don't. Laine and Connor are probably going to be a long, drawn out process regardless.

Reactions: GNP

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Tanev? He's a 3rd/4th line winger who is at his peak. You sign him if you feel like, hopefully we don't feel like it if he's not taking a 1 year deal.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Tanev? He's a 3rd/4th line winger who is at his peak. You sign him if you feel like, hopefully we don't feel like it if he's not taking a 1 year deal.
He's a fresh 27 with only 195 games under his belt. He starts to grasp the NHL game 6 months ago and you think he's peaked? Hell, he might be 3 or 4 years from peak

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Lost the chance to get Tanev for anything under 4 years 10 mil. Someone's gonna pay that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->