Should the hawks lose the rights to the indigenous name and logo?

Bye bye logo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuki2017

Jun 26, 2013
I have always been a fan of the logo of the
Blackhawks. I have never felt it was in bad taste like other pro sports logos.

I just feel it is hypocrite to have them use it now. The indigenous people have often been the silent victims of crimes and injustice.

The hawks are now repeting a similar crimes and I doubt they will have any real conséquences.

I feel they should lose the right to use that logo more than ever.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How many times do you see native representation in mainstream culture?

How about you guys leave it alone since it doesn't disparage our people.

Legitimate question, were you against Chief Wahoo/Cleveland Indians and the Washington Redskins changes?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Nah it's the best logo in hockey. Shame it's associated with such a terrible organization.

Not like we made the Soviets give up the best anthem in the world just because they were a terrible regime.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
How many times do you see native representation in mainstream culture?

How about you guys leave it alone since it doesn't disparage our people.

I disagree. The logo and name come from the period where it was illegal for our people to represent our image, I don't feel white owned businesses should carry our images for profit.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just feel it is hypocrite to have them use it now. The indigenous people have often been the silent victims of crimes and injustice.

The hawks are now repeting a similar crimes and I doubt they will have any real conséquences.

What similar crimes? These are two completely different things.

Reactions: sanscosm and bert

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
On the logo it's not a question of if, just when.

Eventually it will become the hot topic given that the really egregious names/logos in Washington and Cleveland have been dealt with.

If you're watching baseball then you've probably already seen people going after the Braves as well.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The logo is and has always been a racist caricature, if they say they're named after a military unit then just switch to a logo reflecting that.

86_Inf_Div_SSI.jpg

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The name and logo should be the least of their concerns right now.

A namechange to the Chicago Lion (lyin’…heh) with a cowardly looking lion’s head logo would be fitting though.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
What an idiotic thread.
So, a scumbag sexually assaults a player, and this somehow should offend native americans? Sexual assault is no stranger to the native community, or any particular group.
Cut it out with the PC BS. It's exhausting to be continually bombarded with the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad