Speculation: Should the Flyers Consider Including Koney To Get Panarin?

Should Flyers Consider Trading Konecny for Panarin?

• Total voters

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Eklund has posted that the Flyers are intetested in trading for Panarin -- I know... I KNOW, but please go with it for argument's sake -- but any deal would HAVE to include Konecny.

Panarin is a Player every Team would love to have but will be an UFA after the coming Season... so he is basically be a Rental that the Flyers would be getting a leg up on re-signing... his current Contract is at $6M AAV IIRC.

Should Koney be on or off the table on any possible deal for Panarin?

What do you think?

EDIT: FWIW... You are allowed to change your votes... So if you're on the fence at this point, you may Vote 'Undecided' and then change it at a later time.

Last edited:

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I'd rather keep Neck. Panarin is great but trading him + another asset is not a trade I'd be looking to do.

Also, playing against him every year would rub salt in the wound. I really love his game. Speed, scoring and tough for his size.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
As a rental: No f***ing way
Already signed: You have to consider it, but he's getting a big contract very quickly, which is a deterrent as opposed to TK.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I'm way too excited to see what happens with TK's potential. And icing great young players at a low salary is what makes winning teams these days. Having a shot at hitting two very big birds with one stone is too tempting to pass up.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
While I would love to add Panarin, I think his contract would make us too top heavy and unable to sign our important pup and coming players like Patrick, Provorov, and others. Plus until we get goaltending, I don't want to add anything that is for a win-now mentality. I am convinced that until that is solved, there is no hope of winning.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Too much risk. I'd imagine he would sign here if we traded for him, but you never know.

I'd give them a 1st + any prospect not in our top-5. Nothin more.

Reactions: Sawdalite

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'll make a trade so bad you'll all accuse me of being in bath salts and you can all unite against me in brothership.

Rinaldo for Giroux, TK and a 1st

Kumbaya time!!!

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
It would be nice to add the scoring of Panarin but not at the expense of Konecny!

That's pretty much as I see it also... that said, on a fair equal termed controlled Trade I would consider an even up trade, although the Cap would be so much better with the homegrown Konecney... I would never even consider it on a Rental, with Flyers so far from Contention.

An agreed upon Contract however would give Flyers an extra Season... But it's just better to stick to Hexy's Plan.

Panarin is such a talent though... I'd go after him as an UFA and work out the Cap concern.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Panarin is the kind of player you look to add when your team is ready to contend. We aren't at that point yet
if we add him we could contend.. not for Konecny of course....

by the way fourthperiod reported it too.. not just Eklund. They did not mention Konecny tough.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
if we add him we could contend.. not for Konecny of course....

by the way fourthperiod reported it too.. not just Eklund. They did not mention Konecny tough.

No we wouldn't. Not with our goalies right now. Even our defense isn't there yet either

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
No we wouldn't. Not with our goalies right now. Even our defense isn't there yet either
Any playoff team can contend... our goalie situation is far from perfect but any of these guys can get hot for 10 -15 games.. Our D improved and Panarin adds that much fire power at forward. Flyers would be a dangerous team. No question about it.. Not to mention we would continue to plug in young D like Morin, Myers..

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Jarmo is in a serious bind with Panarin.

Guys in a serious bind shouldn't be offered a young, highly talented player on a entry level contract, like Konecny, to help him out of his problem.

I like Panarin a lot, and would like to see him on the Flyers.

If
Hexy is given permission to talk to Artemi's agent, and if he wants to come to Philly and would agree to a reasonable extension, I would be thinking about moving Jake's expensive contract for Panarin.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Panarin would certainly make the team better even with swapping out for Konecny. But there’s still some serious flaws with this team on the backend, net, & upfront depth wise that’s going to still hold them back from being a true contender. He would definitely elevate our playoff chances into something you’d be more comfortable in betting on than currently but I don’t think he changes our Stanley Cup odds much as good as he is because of those flaws.

Unless you’re getting him 50 cents on the dollar & have a reasonable chance at re-signing him I’m cool with passing on him for now & waiting to see if he reaches UFA. Not too different from the Phils situation with Machado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad