Should the Ducks go after Tyson Barrie?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ive kinda thought about it before... as barrie is something that would really help the team.

But I doubt Toronto is throwing in the towel so they are going to want something to improve their team now... which is either physical wingers or Manson.

I wouldn't do Manson 1 for 1 for barrie as theres pretty good chance barrie wouldn't resign here... and wed just be creating another hole at RHD

Toronto wouldn't do Ritchie+ for barrie because then they create a hole on their back end that needs to be fixed.

Comtois for Barrie is prob the closest thing to a starter that Toronto fans could get behind.... but again, were not going to be able to resign Barrie... so were essentially throwing comtois away for 1/2 season of barrie.

If we go after a big offense dmen… its going to be someone we can essentially move Kase or Ritchie + for.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't see Bob trading anything of value (which we'd need to do) for a non-cost controlled guy who might walk. Forward or defenseman, what is the point of that in a season like this one?

Yeah, should stay away from Rentals. If Bob is going to trade something of higher value, would be for like a Risto. I do think Colin Miller can be had for cheaper now, and like his numbers when he was with Vegas.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
A team in our position has no business pursuing rentals. That's just pissing away assets for the sake of the "do something" crowd.

It's a good thing that Murray usually wants more than rentals in his trades. Even with players whose contract ends at the end of the year when traded for during that contract season, Murray's been able to re-sign them such as Eaves and Henrique.

Oct 18, 2011
Depending on how the guys in IR progress if Toronto is willing to trade him since he is under producing
should the Ducks try to work a deal?
Only with an extension

otherwise why give up the assets?

We will have capspace this summer, if we really wants him we can make an offer then

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I am going to contest this

If Bob Murray was willing to extend Faulk for a potentially high number, that means we could possibly afford Barrie

that was before we took on Gudbranson and his $4M for next year.

I would also expect Barrie to get more than Faulk.

thirdJR

Apr 15, 2015
Oregon
Well I mean somebody had to replace the cap hits that Allen, Stoner snd Bieksa once had...

Guds is making 3 mill in actual salary next year, which is bearable based on his play thus far. But count me among those who are afraid of his next contract. Bob and his man-crushes...

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
No. He's a rental and he can't play defense, his primary job. No interest at all.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Id rather have Risto than Barrie... I think risto could be really effective with Lindholm or fowler.

A top 4 of...

Lindholm - Mason
Fowler - Risto

Would be very solid. Then let the AHL and 6/7 guys fight for the last two spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad