Should the "Change your vote" option be removed from HF polls?

Should the "Change your vote" option be removed from HF polls?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Apparently you are allowed to change a vote that you have previously made (I think the poll needs to be open in order to change your vote)

Example: you vote in a poll that was created today. In 10 days the other poll option scores 5 points in a game and you go back and change your vote in the poll.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
The change your vote option is often used when someone accidentally votes for the wrong option. If you don't like it you can uncheck the "allow voters to change their votes" option when you create a thread.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No. Maybe set a time limit though. I've mistakenly voted the wrong thing and been able to change it. I like that. It's always quick though, so I like the idea of a time limit so people can't just totally renege on opinion.

Reactions: jetsforever and hi

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I know I've switched my vote countless times from posts that have changed my opinions, and im sure it's been the same for many others. That is enough reason to keep the option imo.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
No. Maybe set a time limit though. I've mistakenly voted the wrong thing and been able to change it. I like that. It's always quick though, so I like the idea of a time limit so people can't just totally renege on opinion.

I agree with this. It's good for accidental votes, but changing it much later is a bit misleading.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Why on earth would anyone be immature enough to care that much? Like, why? Its just a freaking poll. 99% of these polls are forgotten days later.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Been stated before, if you don't want people to change their vote, set it that way.

Personally I feel the public votes are "worse". With public votes you're more likely to go with the flow than what you actually feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->