Should the Caps trade Brouwer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
No reason to overreact to a dumb comment (and I think the way he said it was colossally dumb), unless it causes serious tension in the locker room (beyond just Hamrlik/Neuvirth, and I doubt it will). But I mean if the right deal came along why not? Shouldn't be untouchable.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
No reason to overreact to a dumb comment (and I think the way he said it was colossally dumb), unless it causes serious tension in the locker room (beyond just Hamrlik/Neuvirth, and I doubt it will). But I mean if the right deal came along why not? Shouldn't be untouchable.

I'd agree.

He can play in top6 and not look like complete pylon all the time. He was just re-signed. He can be traded later, it's not the best contract but it's not untradeable.

I don't think there are many teams after Brouwer though.. cap hit at 64 mil next season.. room to make some moves sure.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
No not at all. To me it's a heat of the moment kind of thing. And Hamrlik indicated that he and Brouwer talked shortly after it happened.

I wouldn't mind if Brouwer looked back at what he said in hopes he would handle the same situation differently. That same thing could be said for other members of the NHLPA.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
No. Oatsy should talk about this in the first team meeting and say something like "that was CBA BS. This is hockey. Forget it and move on."

I Am Score*

No. Oatsy should talk about this in the first team meeting and say something like "that was CBA BS. This is hockey. Forget it and move on."

Agreed.

But they should probably trade some of these players after awhile. Chimera and Ward packaged could bring in some better forwards or a defenseman. I'm sorry but Hamrlik is old and slow.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I hope Oatsy in the first meeting puts out the fire to those comments. Hopefully the boys can get over it, move on and focus on what matters.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Agreed.

But they should probably trade some of these players after awhile. Chimera and Ward packaged could bring in some better forwards or a defenseman. I'm sorry but Hamrlik is old and slow.

Ward, I'd be ok with trading. Chimera, not so much. Bad hands, but hes a heck of a work horse out there.

I Am Score*

Ward, I'd be ok with trading. Chimera, not so much. Bad hands, but hes a heck of a work horse out there.

True, I just don't see him being consistent enough in the goal scoring department to warrant what they are using him for. He's been put from anywhere to 1st to 3rd line in the past, if he can't score he shouldn't be on the first line.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
True, I just don't see him being consistent enough in the goal scoring department to warrant what they are using him for. He's been put from anywhere to 1st to 3rd line in the past, if he can't score he shouldn't be on the first line.

I'm not a fan of Chimmer on a scoring line. 3rd line, dump and chase, energy, cycle, hit, and PK I'm all for seeing him with that role.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
For someone who didn't pay much attention to the lockout, can someone tell me what Brouwer said?

I Am Score*

For someone who didn't pay much attention to the lockout, can someone tell me what Brouwer said?

Called out Hamrlik and Neuvirth for questioning NHLPA Donald Fehr's authority. Said it's "going to be hard to play with these guys" when the NHL comes back. Called them basically "ignorant" and "uninformed" since they and I quote "Don't go into any meetings, they don't know what they are talking about".

I'm not a fan of Chimmer on a scoring line. 3rd line, dump and chase, energy, cycle, hit, and PK I'm all for seeing him with that role.

Me neither. Leave him for now maybe but when Forsberg and Kuznetsov get here he's 3rd line or sinker. Forsberg should be on the 2nd with Johansson and Laich, Kuznetsov on first with Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Liberati0n*

Chimera makes like $1.8M. Trading him would be insane.

He called Joel Ward the N word.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Heated things are said in contentious times. I think it's more likely Neuvy would get moved at some point. No reason to act like a jilted girlfriend. He's a good hockey player. Hamrlik isn't long for DC anyway. I'd love to see Ovechkin jump in and diffuse this right off when they report.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
To the OP, there was no special chemistry on Ovechkin-Backstrom-Komarov line, it were just 3 players complimenting each other well.

Trading Brouwer doesn't look reasonable.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
To the OP, there was no special chemistry on Ovechkin-Backstrom-Komarov line, it were just 3 players complimenting each other well.

Trading Brouwer doesn't look reasonable.

That is chemistry, and its better chemistry then they have with Brouwer. Brouwer is supposed to be a Knuble replacement, but he is inconsistently getting to the front of the net.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I'd rather trade Neuvirth and Hamrlik (well, it's gonna be easy to trade Hammer to some team needing a push for the playoffs).
Anyway, I think trade deadline will be interesting.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
And what do you think chemistry is?

Chemistry is more than players whose styles of play benefit each other, it's players' ability to play better with each other than with different equal players IMO.
When Team Russia runs Kovalchuk-Malkin-Radulov line, it's good not because of special chemistry, but because these players are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad