Should the Caps Fire Barry Trotz (February 19th)

Should the Caps Fire Barry Trotz? (February 19th)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am not convinced our personnel sucks, or has sucked as we racked up what seems like many presidents. At least, most all other teams have deficiencies as well.

We got from super offense Bruce to super defense Dale, to Barry who seems a bit of hybrid, but he has skeletons in the closet just like the Caps do.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
[QUOTE"maacoshark, post: 142822937, member: 289041"]You can only do so much with the personnel you are given. Our personnel sucks and the additions we have made might have made the team worse.
Everyone thinks we have a very skilled team. We have a few skilled players but they have no clue how to play as a team. Its more about individual skill than team work[/QUOTE]
Trotz is the uber driver that never takes you where you want to go. After the first time of taking you halfway, you forgive him or buy his excuses, after the second time of failing to lead you to to your destination, you find another driver to take you where you want to be.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
if I remember correctly, Caps had offense orientated coach, it didn`t work, defense orientated coach - didn`t work either. Which type of coach do you expect to be next?
There's a lot more area to navigate between "offense oriented" and "defense oriented." There's a wide range of different systems to employs, methods to handle the players, ways to run practice, techniques to develop players, etc. I'd love to see a coach that can find a way to get the players to play with more tempo in their game and who can implement and adapt systems built to succeed in the modern NHL. A coach who is less reliant on raw talent to generate opportunities and team discipline to limit opportunities again. I'd prefer a coach instead who was able to project team strengths to force the opponent into making more mistakes than his team gives up.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
. I'd love to see a coach that can find a way to get the players to play with more tempo in their game and who can implement and adapt systems built to succeed in the modern NHL.
We have some ageing stars like Bakstrom and Ovy, I'm not sure if they can keep tempo. Higher speed means more injuries and maybe more mistakes. I know we need that to beat teams like VGK, but we won't be able, because it's their advantage - speed, ours - talent, Im not sure if coach will stay long enough in team trying to teach something that players aren't good to do. But, I agree with everything else. We need more competent coach who can more than just switch players in lines in hope to succed.

Last edited:

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Just woke up from a dream that saw Barry get fired after another post season flop and us announce the new head coach of your Washington Capitals....... Mr. Olie the goalie

Reactions: RandyHolt

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Joe Sacco getting some praise as a HC option again elsewhere in the BOS/PHI game. Former Capital? Check. Likely not too expensive? Check. A name to remember perhaps.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
todd reirden is going to be the new coach. there is a reason that they blocked every interview
That reason may have just been to keep him around in case Trotz lost the team and they needed an interim option. I doubt they actually have made that decision just yet and it's entirely possible ownership reconsiders and keeps Trotz around. At the very least they're going to need to redo Reirden's contract if he is indeed getting the promotion.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
well lets think about it, is there really any difference between trotz and suter? both are defensive guys.

dont think quenville is going anywhere. who else is there?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
well lets think about it, is there really any difference between trotz and suter? both are defensive guys.

dont think quenville is going anywhere. who else is there?

Quenneville might want to leave Chicago. In spite of having Kane and Toews locked up, their defensive core is headed for a rebuild, and with all the uncertainty surrounding Crawford's health, I could see Q wanting to jump ship to a current contender.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
They should go after Quenneville if he's gone from CHI. If they can get him, they have to run Barry outta town by quickest of ways.

And if hes not let go by hawks? Heck no to suter. He's trotz 2.0 and i will not be able to stand another 3 years of anti coach stuff

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
So......Barry, admirable job so far I think I’m forced to say. Feels like more posters predicted it was inevitable that they would fold to the Pens for the division, than didn’t.

I love how they’re playing.

Most people had us missing the playoffs this year. Fourth straight 100+ point season as the Caps' head coach. I know Trotz's problem is in the playoffs but he deserves a pat on the back for his regular season work this season. I still think we should move on if we lose in the early rounds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->