Should Pittsburgh just sell everyone at this point?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Wait, the story says it was Antonio Brown's fault and you have this long post about how Ben is a handful? That's what you took from that?

Reactions: m9

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Wait, the story says it was Antonio Brown's fault and you have this long post about how Ben is a handful? That's what you took from that?

I didn't take that from that story other then I call BS on it and that they are so quick to defend Ben and used an example of just weeks prior where he brought tension to the room and publicly did it. He thinks hes god because he won 2 SB's, one where the defense carried him to it as a rookie and the other they probably don't win without that amazing Harrison pick TD. Most of these guys weren't there for the last appearance, he may have 2 titles but hes also led this core to nothing, Wheres his share of the blame? Why is he exempt?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
At what point does the talent stop outweighing the guy's character? You're paid 17 million dollars for 16 games, and you quit on your team at the most important moment of the year???

I heard on GMFB that he actually left the building at halftime. Add to that the George Kittle exchange this morning, it's a goodbye from me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At what point does the talent stop outweighing the guy's character? You're paid 17 million dollars for 16 games, and you quit on your team at the most important moment of the year???

I heard on GMFB that he actually left the building at halftime. Add to that the George Kittle exchange this morning, it's a goodbye from me.

That's nonsense. This isn't the NHL. You trade a premier player for essentially nothing. You hold on to him (especially when the Steelers are still on the inner circle of being a contender) and see if it works.

Him, Roethlisberger and Bell (though he doesn't really count anymore since he's likely gone) are all a bunch of babies and need to learn to work together.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think Tomlin is still a good coach, but his time in Pittsburgh has expired and should move on. He can get another HC gig easily.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
That's nonsense. This isn't the NHL. You trade a premier player for essentially nothing. You hold on to him (especially when the Steelers are still on the inner circle of being a contender) and see if it works.

Him, Roethlisberger and Bell (though he doesn't really count anymore since he's likely gone) are all a bunch of babies and need to learn to work together.

Seems like Tomlin agrees with me..

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Serious question here.

- They have super young Juju and Connor to build around.

- Roethlisburher is getting up there in age.

- Bell's on his way out already.

-AB seems completely out of it this season.
- They're more than likely not making the playoffs anyways.

So why not pile up picks for the next draft and go to the free agent route to fill the remaining holes?

Seems like Tomlin agrees with me..

I'm sure he didn't agree with you when you first posted it though.

I mean, you see the difference in posting it at the beginning of the season and not the end, right? Things change. The division was going to be close and it came down to the last play of the season to decide it. It also would have been a salary cap disaster to move Brown at any time this season.

That said, we're here now. No need to blow things up, but I do think moving on from Brown is probably the right thing to do. They won't be as good, but they haven't won a thing with Brown so what do you have to lose?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There's a lot of blame to go around for this mess. I think you can throw all of Tomlin, Ben, and Brown in that group.

To me it seems like Brown is trying to force his way out of Pittsburgh based on everything we've heard about his behaviour recently. If not then that might be even worse because that would mean he just doesn't respect anyone there and he believes he can say/do whatever he wants without consequences. I don't blame anyone if they don't respect Ben but you're disrespecting and hurting Tomlin and the other players as well by being a distraction and no-showing throughout the week.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I heard a great analogy on how the Steelers are built like an NBA team. A bunch of self righteous superstars. It works in basketball because all you gotta do is give the guy like LeBron the ball and no one can stop him. In football you need the team. So I would say not long. Go look at the list of the top 10 highest paid QBs. I think 8 of them are sitting home. Talent helps but it's not everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->