Proposal: Should Panthers claim Roman Hamrlik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Hamrlik waived by the Caps today. Seems like a no-brainer for the Panthers to give him a shot.

UFA after this season and was pretty good last year. He's miles better than Yonkman.

I say nah.... No reason to reach for someone like Hamrlik, just give the people in SA a chance to play up here.... If we did pick him up off of waivers I wouldn't hate the move...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
OMG they would such a great tandem with Kuba for the tank!

In all seriousness. I can't see how we can't pick him up. UFA to be and were THIN on d

Last edited:

Panthers607

Should the Panthers claim Roman Hamrlik?

No, they should absolutely not.

CoolburnIsGone

Might sound dumb (and I wouldnt want to do it personally) but I could see it happening. With Weaver & Kulikov both out till after the trade deadline at least, we can use someone to fill the holes right now. They can demote Yonkman back to San Antonio and even if Jovo comes back, Robak would be here to spell him from time to time too. Hamrlik on the bottom pairing is at least as good as Yonkman right now so I can see Tallon doing this.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
i dont think they'll claim him, but if he clears, i could see them trading santorelli for him (salary purposes)

That's what I was thinking. I loved Santo that one year, but I'd rather watch Rheault or Timmins play now.

Might sound dumb (and I wouldnt want to do it personally) but I could see it happening. With Weaver & Kulikov both out till after the trade deadline at least, we can use someone to fill the holes right now. They can demote Yonkman back to San Antonio and even if Jovo comes back, Robak would be here to spell him from time to time too. Hamrlik on the bottom pairing is at least as good as Yonkman right now so I can see Tallon doing this.

Besides, I think we should get him just for the sole reason that he stood up and spoke out during the lockout, haha.

-ghoste

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Eh. Why not? He's a UFA next year, we're thin at D, Yonkman sucks. Can't hurt for depth purposes.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Considering inheriting his paycheck is a liability that this team's management probably can't handle, I'd rather take my chances without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad