Should Miller start them all for USA?

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ryan Miller has been playing so many games lately that I can't help but wonder if Quick and Thomas should start the Switzerland and Norway games and then the reigns can be turned over to Miller starting with Canada. Also, since you actually have to play to get a medal, it would ensure Quick and Thomas get one if the USA does.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
Should be Miller against Swiss, Quick/Thomas against Norway then Miller against Canada.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Miller should sit one game to get a breather. I agree with the poster who said he should start vs the Swiss and take a seat for Quick/Thomas to play vs Norway.

Then you ride him.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Ryan Miller has been playing so many games lately that I can't help but wonder if Quick and Thomas should start the Switzerland and Norway games and then the reigns can be turned over to Miller starting with Canada. Also, since you actually have to play to get a medal, it would ensure Quick and Thomas get one if the USA does.

This isn't the NHL. If you are on the team and your team wins, you get a medal.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

They said today in the Canada/Swiss game that since Canada started their 3rd string goalie (I forget her name) that she will now get a medal, so it made me believe that if she didn't play in at least one of the games she wouldn't get one? I don't know though, I could have misinterpreted.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada

They were reporting during the Canada-Slovakia women's game that you have to have actual playing time to get a medal. It was during a discussion about why they replaced goalies in the third period, Canada's coach said she wants to get them all playing time so they are all medal eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad