Should MacKinnon center one of Canada’s top two lines in Beijing?

Should MacKinnon center one of Canada’s top two lines at the Beijing Olympics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
No he hasnt. 48 points in 54 games. 9 in 11 for the playoffs. Higher then his career average. So what step has he lost?

Discussing career averages is silly. Bergeron peaked a couple years ago and has definitely lost a step since then. I don’t expect him to revert to form as a guy going on 37 years old next year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not even sure if Bergeron is a lock to make the team. If they played tomorrow, yes, definitely, but he's getting up there. But if he's on the team, he's playing Wing.

We're talking about 8 months from now.

Bergeron was 29th in the league in 5v5 P/60 with excellent underlying numbers. The comments in this thread about a decline are a little ridiculous. He might not be at his absolute best, but not many players in the league are at any one time, and probably half of Team Canada is going to be in the same boat. A quick decline is always possible at this age, but there's really no reason to speculate on it unless it shows up next year.

Reactions: Richard Lather

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No.

McDavid will slot above him, so will Crosby. I think he'd do better on the wing with McDavid. And they're sure to try the Crosby/Bergeron/Marchand line again, and i can't imagine that's not top 2.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would personally move McDavid to wing before MacKinnon. He’s basically a hybrid wing/centre as is where as MacKinnon I think is more of an exclusive centre.

McDavid MacKinnon X (maybe Stone if he can keep up?)
Marchand Crosby Bergeron

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Yes, of course. If anything, it would make more sense to shift McDavid to the wing if you didn't want one of 29/87/97 playing "3C".

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Discussing career averages is silly. Bergeron peaked a couple years ago and has definitely lost a step since then. I don’t expect him to revert to form as a guy going on 37 years old next year.
He was on pace for a career high in goals and points.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
Seems like no brainer imo.

But if Canada plays Sweden I rather see Fleury and Price as the top centers.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I don't really care what number you slot him at but he should be a centre and not a wing.

Huberdeau-McDavid-Stone
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
X-MacKinnon-Point
ROR-Couturier-Barzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad