Should I trade Signed Jerseys? Pics included.

Immmings

Apr 24, 2012
Hello,

I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm a habs fan living in Ottawa for school, don't get me wrong I love all Canadian teams (for the sake of the game) except when they're playing against Montreal. Now, I was looking at buying a Habs jersey but was shopping around first but ended up waiting, then I got lucky through a friend of a friend and I got to meet Erik Karlsson. I was so star stuck I told him I was the biggest sens fan ever! I bought a Sens jersey immediately and he signed it for me. Everybody and their mothers are extremely jealous, and all I hear is "Are you a Sens fan yet?!?" but someone made me an offer to trade my (first autographed and first REAL jersey) for his Sidney Crosby Autographed Jersey [PSA/DNA Authentication card in the picture]
t2ec16fzee9s3jrcbrfq7cz.jpg

I'm a huge "fanboy" of Canadian superstars for example, my favorite players are Iginla (Who doesn't love this guy?!) Crosby (His talent is surreal, makes everybody around him better) and Pronger

but my first ever signed jersey feels so right to keep. It has a great story to go with it.
Is a signed jersey enough to entice me to have TWO favorite teams :sarcasm:

img0289hs.jpg

img0290s.jpg

If you're wondering how I became a habs fan my family is a bunch of Toronto FREAKS, :cry: I couldn't do that, so I didn't want to jump on the Senswagon after a cup final appearance (When I actually started watching hockey religiously. Before 06/07 it was mostly just here and there.) and I ended up choosing Montreal, and have followed every stat since then.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
A keepsake with a memory attached is always worth far more than an equivalent one without a story. Keep your memories.

Immmings

Apr 24, 2012
The Crosby one is an authentic. I'd totally do a Karlsson for Crosby trade.

IKR, but this is so true.

A keepsake with a memory attached is always worth far more than an equivalent one without a story. Keep your memories.

Do the right thing and follow the sens

Maybe.

You my friend are what we call a closet Sens fan.

Join us soon, we shall be awaiting you with open arms.

:sarcasm:

It's so tempting!! I should see if he will sell me the Crosby one :laugh:

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
The Crosby jersey minus the autograph is worth $400.

The Karlsson jeresy minus the autograph is worth $230.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
I don't know my Penguins jerseys, but I really want to call out fake on that Crosby...

Also, PSA/DNA COAs don't look like that to my knowledge:
699511571496bb16591c2c__41389.jpg

In other words, I'd keep the Karlsson.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also: something doesn't look right about that Crosby jersey. Methinks it's a fake.

The "Reebok" wordmark at the top is sending me bad vibes...

Immmings

Apr 24, 2012
I don't know my Penguins jerseys, but I really want to call out fake on that Crosby...

Also, PSA/DNA COAs don't look like that to my knowledge:
699511571496bb16591c2c__41389.jpg

In other words, I'd keep the Karlsson.

Yikes!, Thank you for pointing this out to me, I didn't bother checking.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Jersey seems to be a knock off at least it's not the same as a new Crosby jersey. letters and numbers and colors are off

here's a reference.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2651453&cp=3176618&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

ALso i am a sports memorabillia collector and a PSA/DNA card looks like this

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Art...am-technology-to-certificates-of-authenticity

and should have a serial code on the front that has a letter followed by 5 numbers that you can look up and it will tell you the item of the serial number.

IMO i wouldn't do it and i think it's a scam.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Last year I won a team signed Heritage Jersey. As I walked away from SBP, one of the more senior tickey scalpers approached me.

He saw that I had won something and asked what it was and I told him.

Right there he pulled out $500 and offered it to me for the jersey.

I said no. He then offered me $700, I still said no.

Even after that, I still treasure my SNES Karlsson and Heritage Zibanejad jerseys ,that I was able to get signed myself, more than the Team Signed jersey that I won.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Oh, also: last time I checked, new EDGE jerseys had the hang tags on the sleeves, not hanging off all willy-nilly on the side of the jersey.

Also, the sleeves look way too skinny. No way you'd be able to fit equipment in those.

Fake fake fake.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
damn beaten to it i acy=tually spent time looking threw my collection for my PSA/DNA cards ot see if that one matched xD should have just googled.

and TBH I've never seen a signed Crosby jersey not signed at the top of the 7 like

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncom...rrfnbr=6000262&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=6000262

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncom...rrfnbr=6828817&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=6828817

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncom...rrfnbr=6888255&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=6888255

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SIDNEY-CROSB...aphs&hash=item4d0ae2727e&_uhb=1#ht_2327wt_961

just for examples. and the sig seems a little off.

the last name is similar but inconsistent IMO with the way he signs it.

Immmings

Apr 24, 2012
IMO i wouldn't do it and i think it's a scam.
I thought at first it wasn't signed by Crosby himself but one of those pro autographers for him. I kinda thought something was up for an authentic Crosby jersey for a replica Karlsson

Last year I won a team signed Heritage Jersey. As I walked away from SBP, one of the more senior tickey scalpers approached me.

He saw that I had won something and asked what it was and I told him.

Right there he pulled out $500 and offered it to me for the jersey.

I said no. He then offered me $700, I still said no.

Even after that, I still treasure my SNES Karlsson and Heritage Zibanejad jerseys ,that I was able to get signed myself, more than the Team Signed jersey that I won.

Thanks so much everybody! I'm going to keep this not only because the Crosby jersey is likely a scam, but because of the memories that this jersey brings with it. I might have to watch a few (dozen:sarcasm:) Sens games every now and then :yo:

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
I thought at first it wasn't signed by Crosby himself but one of those pro autographers for him. I kinda thought something was up for an authentic Crosby jersey for a replica Karlsson

Thanks so much everybody! I'm going to keep this not only because the Crosby jersey is likely a scam, but because of the memories that this jersey brings with it. I might have to watch a few (dozen:sarcasm:) Sens games every now and then :yo:

Good choice

NewfieSens

Nothin like a Newfie
Jan 24, 2013
Personally i would never trade something that i got signed myself. You know for yourself that its a legit signing because you were there when it happend. As for the crosby jersey it would always be in the back of my head if crosby did actually sign it..

Milan the God*

I hate to be that guy, but...

Anybody think Karlsson knew this poster was a Habs fan, and not the 'biggest Sens fan' like he claimed he was to King Karlsson? We played the Habs and it triggered Karlsson to remember the incident. Five games later (65) Karlsson was injured on a play he might have been available to avoid had he known it was Cooke and he was thinking properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->