Should Hordichuk be in the line-up more?

ninetynine*

I see you guys haven't played him much, especially with Eager out the Oilers don't have much toughness (Sutton and Peckham is not much). He's only gotten 1 game and 1:11 of ice time so far. I'm not saying he should play every game I'd just like to see what you guys think. I'm a big fan of 4th line toughness and fights and I'd play him every night but there's got to be an inbetween somewhere.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Sutton and Peckham are both injured. We've basically got Petrell and Hartikainen plus Smid and Petry for toughness.

Fistric hasn't played very much either.
I would love to see Hordichuk play, but at the same time I don't want to remove anyone from the lineup to slot him in. Maybe Paajarvi if it's against a particularly tough team.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Most useless player on the team. I don't care if he ever plays a minute again.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I really dislike his dumb penalties and all of his diving. We have players on our team that can fill a 4th line role much better than him. Send him away.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If you want grit, you put in Fistric.

Because not only is he gritty, he's about 45 times better at hockey than the player he'd be replacing.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Was Hordichuk really that bad?
I only remember him early last year. Not so bad.

The team finally has an appropriate whipping boy who is accepted by all. Corey Potter.

ninetynine*

If you want grit, you put in Fistric.

Because not only is he gritty, he's about 45 times better at hockey than the player he'd be replacing.

And about 45 times less gritty... not to mention he's horrible and he'd take up a D spot in the lineup, whereas you can have 12 forwards. Your D is good but has no depth.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I wonder if you really need a one dimensional tough guy (goon) these days anymore? If we had a forward who can be tough like a Torres type (maybe bad example) who can also play that would be preferable.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Simple answer: no?

Reason: what good would he do? Make Doan or Morris think twice?

Both Doan and Morris wouldn't care a bit about him. What happens? he skates over to them and cross checks or face washes them and then gets a penalty

Plus the in game aspect: the Yotes will welcome any opportunity with Darcy on the ice as it means there's a crappy play on the ice for the other team.

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
Seems like a good guy, but he has no place here. I think his play during the last game was his death knell, he's going to be a permanent fixture in the pressbox this season.

ninetynine*

Seems like a good guy, but he has no place here. I think his play during the last game was his death knell, he's going to be a permanent fixture in the pressbox this season.

But but but Bordeleau vs. Hordichuk saturday.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
And about 45 times less gritty... not to mention he's horrible and he'd take up a D spot in the lineup, whereas you can have 12 forwards. Your D is good but has no depth.

You are correct about one thing in that post: he takes a D spot in the lineup. What you forgot to mention is that he takes it away from Potter, who Fistric is double the player of.

Oilerdiehard

Aug 9, 2005
Pennsylvania
Yes.

Beyond fighting the guy is a solid skater, he can get in on the forecheck and create energy, he hits everything that moves and hits hard.

McDirt McGirt

Я люблю водку
Dec 18, 2008
The Cube
Sutton and Peckham are both injured. We've basically got Petrell and Hartikainen plus Smid and Petry for toughness.

Fistric hasn't played very much either.
I would love to see Hordichuk play, but at the same time I don't want to remove anyone from the lineup to slot him in. Maybe Paajarvi if it's against a particularly tough team.

Petry for toughness....:shakehead

Definately play him more....oilers are still too soft IMO

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Hordichuk is a nice guy love his interviews,

Unfortunately the short answer is No.

The reason is simple Hordichuk is a bad hockey player.

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yes.

Beyond fighting the guy is a solid skater, he can get in on the forecheck and create energy, he hits everything that moves and hits hard.

Problem is when he can't find anyone to hit he goes and takes a stupid penalty after the play is over.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
The team toughness without Hordy or Fistric in is hysterical. Might be the softest NHL team ever dressed. Our best fighter is Ladislav Smid. Not saying Hordy is the answer but there's no excuse for having Potter over Fistric and this team desperately needs a Clowe type or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad