Should Gretzky's "records" have an asterisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

I just dont see the value in most left handed shot goals in a period in the all star game when you are 20% ahead of everyone in history in even strength goals against.

I mean thats just pathetic.

Thats the equivalent of Bonds striking out more than anyone else or hitting more homers in 5000 more at bats or Schumacher taking 200 races to beat Sennas pole record or crashing more than anyone in history.

Everything else is meaningless when you play hockey like that. Not to mention in a weak West with no D and a bodyguard to boot. And never drawing one single slashing penalty in 19 years because you'd get guillotined if you hit him.

I tell you: guys I played with on the rinks would never have picked 99 to play on their side. Someone would have come and said : "get your *** back for once!"

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
chooch said:
I tell you: guys I played with on the rinks would never have picked 99 to play on their side. Someone would have come and said : "get your *** back for once!"

Yes I'm sure that your ice hockey buddies would have hated to be set up with perfect passes every shift. I hate when that happens.

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
chooch said:

Rolling Acres Home for the Mentally Unsound has a hockey team?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
JCD said:
Rolling Acres Home for the Mentally Unsound has a hockey team?

They aren't allowed to play on skates though. That is too dangerous. They have nerf sticks and play in socks on a smooth floor in the padded 'activity' room.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Just quietly put chooch on your ignore list and move on. That way, you don't have to pay attention to any of his irrelevance, pettyness, trolling, hate-filled envy and Stalinistic love for revisionist history.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
hahaha....what a joke. I love how you defend your points by saying that your hockey buddies wouldn't want Wayne on their team.

"Ya....I'll take Jim from marketing. He's a much more valuable player than Wayne."

Ogopogo*

chooch, thank you for the education. Most of us young uns on this board would be completely ignorant of hockey history without your insight.

I wish you were my dad.

KariyaIsGod*

chooch said:
I just dont see the value in most left handed shot goals in a period in the all star game when you are 20% ahead of everyone in history in even strength goals against.

I mean thats just pathetic.

Thats the equivalent of Bonds striking out more than anyone else or hitting more homers in 5000 more at bats or Schumacher taking 200 races to beat Sennas pole record or crashing more than anyone in history.

Everything else is meaningless when you play hockey like that. Not to mention in a weak West with no D and a bodyguard to boot. And never drawing one single slashing penalty in 19 years because you'd get guillotined if you hit him.

The fact that you dislike Wayne Gretzky for not back-chicking although the fact is, he played in the slot in his own end and killed penalties effectively, yet you praise Mario lemieux who floated more than any player in NHL histry, just illustrates your incredible bias against Wayne.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Wow, pound for pound the worst thread starter I've ever seen. Kudos sir, you are the Roy Jones Jr. of poor thread starting. :handclap:

OvechkinDomination*

Another crybaby Lemieux fan. :shakehead

Gretzky > Lemieux.

''bu..but he could have beat his records!!!11''

That's nice. Gretzky > Lemieux.

chooch*

Ogopogo said:
chooch, thank you for the education. Most of us young uns on this board would be completely ignorant of hockey history without your insight.

I wish you were my dad.

Where's your list on most even strength goals against?
Another list comprised completely of players Omogpgp never saw play. Keep watching awards night with your dad, Dave Semenko.

Recockening keeps bringing up Mario. Nice non sequiter, buddy. Mario also stood in front of the net for most of his career. Remember Shaw?

:cheers:

Yes other players had the benefit of goons IF A PLAYER CHEAPSHOTTED THEM. $99 had goons ready if a player even touched him. Thats a huge difference I'm not sure even God Bless Canada can grasp. Keep clicking ignore... and checking those stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

chooch*

El_Scoobo said:
hahaha....what a joke. I love how you defend your points by saying that your hockey buddies wouldn't want Wayne on their team.

"Ya....I'll take Jim from marketing. He's a much more valuable player than Wayne."

A player like Wayne (yeah I think we woudl have taken an NHLer) who stood next to the other goalie all game and woudlnt take a hit.

There were guys alike that once in a while. They eventually took up figure skating.

OvechkinDomination*

chooch said:
A player like Wayne (yeah I think we woudl have taken an NHLer) who stood next to the other goalie all game and woudlnt take a hit.

There were guys alike that once in a while. They eventually took up figure skating.

How the hell did Gretzky stand next to the goalie all game? There is something called ''OFFSIDE'' i've watched alot of tapes on Gretzky and he didn't stand next to the goalie all game. He was a tremendous stick handler and he always went around the players into the other team's zone and would make a perfect pass. There is a reason why he has more assists then anyone has points in history.

He even said in ''Ultimate Gretzky'' how much fun it was fighting pass the 2 lines into the other team's zone. He was a great skater and stickhandler and knew the ice better then anybody does or did. You're saying he didn't take a hit? You should watch his skills tape when he says ''People think i don't take hits but that's wrong'' and he shows footage of him getting nailed by players going into their zone.

It's sad you call him a floater and a person who stands at centre and stood next to the goalie all game and according to people here, you're a Lemieux fan? That's a bit ironic isn't it?

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
From the HFBoards FAQ:

2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute.

And this is all this guy ever does. What does it take, mods?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
aw guys, quit being such mindless sheep.

Chooch has it on good authority (his own) that Wayne Gretzky is the worst human being ever.

It all began one spring morning in 1987...

(artists depiction)

[IMAGE]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4230/choochgretz6zb.jpg[/IMAGE]

KariyaIsGod*

chooch said:
Where's your list on most even strength goals against?
Another list comprised completely of players Omogpgp never saw play. Keep watching awards night with your dad, Dave Semenko.

Recockening keeps bringing up Mario. Nice non sequiter, buddy. Mario also stood in front of the net for most of his career. Remember Shaw?

:cheers:

Yes other players had the benefit of goons IF A PLAYER CHEAPSHOTTED THEM. $99 had goons ready if a player even touched him. Thats a huge difference I'm not sure even God Bless Canada can grasp. Keep clicking ignore... and checking those stats.

Please.

Don't get into even strength goals.

Mario relied on powerplay goals more than any big scorer in history.

Check the percentages. His is higher than Wayne's, despite scoring less goals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->