Should Gretky have been on the shootout in '98? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

JCD said:
Other than those 311...

Gartner scored 420 after 27.

Ps:
"That game is also memorable to Gretzky for another reason - one of his most embarrassing. He peed his pants right there on the Team Canada bench!

.... He was on the bench and had no control over his own muscles.

Just as Gretzky realized what was going on, one of the coaches told him to get ready, he was to be going into action at the next chance. Somehow he formed enough energy to go back out and play another shift."

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:

Ps:
"That game is also memorable to Gretzky for another reason - one of his most embarrassing. He peed his pants right there on the Team Canada bench!

Just as Gretzky realized what was going on, one of the coaches told him to get ready, he was to be going into action at the next chance. Somehow he formed enough energy to go back out and play another shift."

You seem to have a keen interest in players in need of pharmaceutical aid to keep things tickety-boo with the groin muscles :dunno: Anything you want to talk to someone about on a professional basis?

JCD

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
chooch said:

Ps:

I have a tough time deciding if you thinking you are being funny is pathetic or just sad.

30 goals per year in the last 10 years of a career? Most players would kill for that. You comments reflect more on your bizarre dementia more than they do reality.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
1000+ NHL goals (including playoffs).
Gretz knew what to do.
It wasn't rocket science for him.
And when everything was on the line he was CLUTCH.
He didn't take penalty shots in the middle of regular season games too seriously, probably because he got several such breakaways per game back in the high flying eighties. I remember he'd miss on the penalty shot and come back to get three points and win the game.
The guy was the best of all time and still deserved 1 of the 5 chances. And that's not just IMO.

Crawford can rot in the minors to end his career someday, and I say that as a lifetime Canucks fan.

lemieux32*

Did he actually pee in his pants during the '98 Olympics or is somebody using the story of him doing that in a long OT playoff game in the 80's with the Oilers?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
So if there`s a shootout at the Olympics this year, would you guys suggest using Luc Robitaille or Dave Andreychuk instead of Jarome Iginla? After all, they have a lot more career goals than he did.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
reckoning said:
So if there`s a shootout at the Olympics this year, would you guys suggest using Luc Robitaille or Dave Andreychuk instead of Jarome Iginla? After all, they have a lot more career goals than he did.
The appropriate parallel is Mario Lemieux, as one of only a couple all time who has been head and shoulders above others and deserving of the respect and chance they've earned.

Mario has 5 goals this season. Yet he should be picked above someone who has scored 10. Even if some stat junkie finds generalized probability sheets to the contrary. And even if an injury sdelines him between now and two weeks before the Olympics.

There are few Gretzkys and Lemieuxs EVER in the history of a sport.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
VanIslander said:
The guy was the best of all time and still deserved 1 of the 5 chances. And that's not just IMO.

Crawford can rot in the minors to end his career someday, and I say that as a lifetime Canucks fan.
I know other Canuck fans who feel likewise.

The "=" sign is not true.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
VanIslander said:
I know other Canuck fans who feel likewise.

The "=" sign is not true.

!= means does not equal

i know plenty of canucks fans who are not the least bit fond of crawford

edit: i think you just misunderstood what i meant, i think we share the same opinion on the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->