Proposal: Should Drew be our Captain?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
no for me.
I was not a fan of him getting and A do to the fact he was constantly bitching to the refs. To his credit he seems to have cut that shit out.
Brown should still have a letter.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He might not be the perfect captain, but IMO he'd be much better than Kopitar and he's the best option among our veterans. He's showing he cares, he's having a great season, he leads by example.

Your turn folks...

Watching the kings, he plays like a captain.
So does Kopitar.
But Drew absolutely carries himself like he's the captain.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Because by 2024 it should be time to move on from this "leadership" crew, and give it to a younger player who is deserving.

Just saying it's not time to change captains again. Who knows what the situation is in 2024, but that's the earliest anything should happen one way or another.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Just saying it's not time to change captains again. Who knows what the situation is in 2024, but that's the earliest anything should happen one way or another.
I agree, changing captains isn't going to fix anything. I don't agree with making Doughty captain though, because the Kings will just be picking another new one shortly after 2024.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don't think Doughty would make a great captain, but he's definitely the most passionate king.

I don't think Kopitar should have ever been made captain however. He's not a leader type.

That's fine if it is just counting stats but the only guy I'm going to compare him to is Pearson. Toffoli plays with Kopitar and pots 31 goals. Iafallo's TOI is pretty insane (19 minutes last season and 20 this year!!!) so that is a huge help to his counting stats. Now that I've seen that, I might have to walk it back a bit that Grundstrom couldn't replicate similar production at 20 minutes a night with Kopitar. The Kings would be a last place team if Grundstrom was in that spot instead but that is kind of my point: they are pretty much a last place team with Iafallo eating those minutes.

Iafallo has 20 hits in 37 games this year. 49 in 70 last season. God this team is so soft. Kopitar and Iafallo are skating for an entire period a game and average less than one hit per game. Like, how the f*** can you skate around for twenty minutes a game and not throw one body check hahaha.

Reactions: deaderhead28

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Hell no,Doughty is to immunture and a hot head.Put the C back on Brownie where it needs to be.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is the first year where he's acted like wearing it wouldn't be an embarrassment to the team. Like seeing what looks like some maturation finally but, you know, that could all change once Calgary is on the schedule again.

We don't have a problem with letters on this team: we have an issue with who will wear one after these current dudes. Turcotte seems like one based on playing style but that's kind of the point: nobody else's playing style screams "future captain".

Almost every captain in the league is either an old iconic player in franchise history or the best player on the team.

When Kopitar leaves the Kings could give it to Doughty as the old iconic player and then hopefully its QB after that.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just wanted to list some Kings prospects that have worn a C or an A in either juniors or international tournaments:

Mikey Anderson
Lias Andersson
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Tobias Bjornfot
Kale Clague
Aidan Dudas
Sean Durzi
Carl Grundstrom
Rasmus Kupari
Alex Laferriere
Jacob Moverare
Akil Thomas
Alex Turcotte

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Didn't know where else to put this, but with Carter gone Brown gets a letter back right?

You'd figure as much. DL and Sutter are gone, and almost everyone else is at least relatively inexperienced.

Although, if they re-sign Iafallo and want to give an A to him, that's fine. If they just want to give it to one of the kids as a real sign of things moving ahead, that's fine too.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You'd figure as much. DL and Sutter are gone, and almost everyone else is at least relatively inexperienced.

Although, if they re-sign Iafallo and want to give an A to him, that's fine. If they just want to give it to one of the kids as a real sign of things moving ahead, that's fine too.

I always thought Brown being stripped was more of a Sutter decision than DL

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I always thought Brown being stripped was more of a Sutter decision than DL

Which doesn't make sense if that were the case. But, shows that DL had lost whatever he had by that time if you're letting the coach, who had likely already lost the room, make that choice.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Here's the captain, right here...

2012+NHL+Stanley+Cup+Final+Game+Six+nl_ArCinAi7x.jpg

dustin-brown-nhl-stanley-cup-final-new-york-rangers-los-angeles-kings3.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't think Doughty would make a great captain, but he's definitely the most passionate king.

I don't think Kopitar should have ever been made captain however. He's not a leader type.
Meh, sometimes passionate, sometimes petulant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->