Should Boughner stay or go?

Boughner Stay or Go

• Total voters

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Boughner has to go.

We need a real coaching staff to take the next step.

We don't play like a team, instead a collection of individuals who are less than the sum of their parts its all coaching.

Worse teams like NYI, Montreal play better hockey.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I'm not opposed to making a coaching upgrade (Q, AV or Sutter), but still think these average speed, soft perimeter type players aren't going to suddenly become fast or physical or even defensive stalwarts. How would coach Q have changed the Zacha goal tonight? Ekblad was there and the guy just skated around him. The 1st goal? Math was there and missed the cross-ice pass. I mean we could scratch the guys and the depth replacements in the minors aren't looking too good either.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Boughner has to go.

We need a real coaching staff to take the next step.

We don't play like a team, instead a collection of individuals who are less than the sum of their parts its all coaching.

Worse teams like NYI, Montreal play better hockey.
I'm not opposed to making a coaching upgrade (Q, AV or Sutter), but still think these average speed, soft perimeter type players aren't going to suddenly become fast or physical or even defensive stalwarts. How would coach Q have changed the Zacha goal tonight? Ekblad was there and the guy just skated around him. The 1st goal? Math was there and missed the cross-ice pass. I mean we could scratch the guys and the depth replacements in the minors aren't looking too good either.
Two very solid arguments.

Now where does the truth lie?

Reactions: Haj

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
A coaching upgrade would absolutely change the way this team plays defensively. Look at the massive improvement NYI has enjoyed after getting a real coach behind the bench. Florida has the personnel to be a perennial playoff team, but management needs to stop with the bargain bin coaching staff.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Probably not a popular opinion, but Tallon is at best an average GM.

I don't like the McCann and Bjugstad traded right now, granted it was for cap room to pursue FA's.....but Riley Shehan is garbage as a 3rd line center.

McCann's role was mismanaged, he did poorly playing with plugs, couldn't carry bottom six players. But he's good with good players.

Boughner playing McGinn, Brouwer, Hunt, and Shehan on the 3rd line instead of Borgstrom, Malgin is terrible. Not benching Matheson during the season was terrible.

Brown has been awful the past 6 weeks, yet keeps playing while Keeper, McCoshen, Macdonald don't play.

Greco should have had more than a 2 game stint.

Last night NJ was had easy zone entries all night. We play with no structure.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Definitely agree with Trotz's quotes, but does everyone think Quennville can fix the defense? I have my doubts, even with all his championships. Alain Vigneault more likely would IMO, at least maybe he can make Yandle play good defense again like in NY and work extra hard with Matheson, idk.

great question. anyone else out there you'd prefer to take a chance with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad