OT: Short film: "Kladno: Steel, Coal and Hockey Goldmine"

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Mods please delete if you feel this thread is inappropriate or against HF rules.

A friend of mine, a Czech / English cameraman and producer made a short film (15 min).

Jagr, Plekanec and Tlusty about their roots in the small steel town of Kladno, Czech Republic. The experience of playing together during the lockout and their expectations for the NHL 2013 season.

Would you as Hockey fans and Habs fans in particular be interested to see it? Any suggestions / contacts to whom he should try to sell it?

Thanks for the help!

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Don't forget, Voracek and Pavelec also hail from Kladno.

And yeah, this sounds fascinating. I've always wondered how a city of 100,000 produced so many quality NHL players. Jagr's influence must've been immense.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg

And yeah, this sounds fascinating. I've always wondered how a city of 100,000 produced so many quality NHL players. Jagr's influence must've been immense.

People tend to overrate the influence of stars when it comes to player development, it is much more about having the right people involved with youth development so that the young kids start learning the right things at a young age and get put in the best possible situation for developing their skills.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013

Which list is more impressive: Kladno or Ornskoldsvik in Sweden? According to Wikipedia, population 29000. Alumni: Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Niklas Sundstrom and Viktor Hedman. :amazed:

Back on topic, I would also like to see this vid.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Which list is more impressive: Kladno or Ornskoldsvik in Sweden? According to Wikipedia, population 29000. Alumni: Peter Forsberg, Markus Naslund, Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Niklas Sundstrom and Viktor Hedman. :amazed:

Back on topic, I would also like to see this vid.

Ornskoldsvik is in Northern Sweden, there's nothing to do but play hoceky. :laugh:

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany

Does the name Kaberle sound familiar? ;)
Tomas Vokoun as well.

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany
According to my "research" (wikipedia!) Kaberle is from Rakovník, though since his brother was born in Kladno I'm guessing he was raised in Kladno.

Yes, father and brother were born in Kladno. Tomas also played his junior hockey years in Kladno. So I guess it's safe to say he's from there.
Although, honestly... I don't know much about Czech hockey. My friend who did the film obviously would know, but he's not around at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad