Post-Game Talk: shorks @ cops, 12:37pm

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I just came to realize how proud I am of the Caps being the best team in the NHL when Ovie is having his worst season in a very long time and Holtby is Swiss Cheese. Todd is a very good coach even if he does have a few flaws. Why are we always so unpleased? :puppy:

I think it's just inherent to a forum. Talking about problems is a better conversation than talking about things that are going well.

For example if I post "Vrana has really played well" what else is there to say? Everyone's going to be like "yep" and then we move on.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think it's just inherent to a forum. Talking about problems is a better conversation than talking about things that are going well.

For example if I post "Vrana has really played well" what else is there to say? Everyone's going to be like "yep" and then we move on.

Limits are good. Saying Eller or Hagelin or Jensen or Holtby are the worst players in the league is not conversation starting

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Thats a very good question. It seems if we are not actively in the process of celebrating a Stanley Cup victory from a few days ago, some people just like to moan about some things.

Whats funny is, some people think BMac screwed up with his roster decisions on guys like Panic and Hags, and others think TR screws up with his coaching because we take lazy penalties too much, and others see Ovi's play and think "we are in trouble".

But here we are, in 1st place with a TON of room to improve.

Somewhere, someone, is doing something, right. Its taken 45 years but I've learned to focus on those things instead.

While I agree with what you are saying, I not a fan of someone not be allowed to say 'Ovechkin is playing like s**t' during a game in which Ovechkin is playing like s**t. Fans on here get criticized for it all the time but it's just a statement of fact in a GDT.

Also, if a Caps' fan thinks the team is perfect and nothing can be improved, it's probably time to take a short break from HF. There is literally nothing to talk to that person about.

Reactions: Heath

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
While I agree with what you are saying, I not a fan of someone not be allowed to say 'Ovechkin is playing like s**t' during a game in which Ovechkin is playing like s**t. Fans on here get criticized for it all the time but it's just a statement of fact in a GDT.

Also, if a Caps' fan thinks the team is perfect and nothing can be improved, it's probably time to take a short break from HF. There is literally nothing to talk to that person about.

Thats not the issue

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

People are allowed to say whatever they want, I'm not rewriting forum rules here. I just find it odd when some people dwell and almost obsess over things that are negative when they are sandwiched by so much winning. Commenting that Ovi is playing like shit isn't really what I'm referring to. Its declaring that "we are in big trouble" because Ovi is playing like shit, when in fact A) Ovi will get his in the end, he always does this slump around now and B) we wouldn't be in big trouble if Ovi never scored another goal in his life.

Caps are the winningest team of the previous decade and in first place RIGHT NOW. Obsessing over whats wrong is just unhealthy. Discussing whats wrong isn't the same as obsessing over it.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
we wouldn't be in big trouble if Ovi never scored another goal in his life.

Similar to my comment yesterday / last night - this is the most important thing. The team is winning games despite Ovie playing like crap, and we can be very relieved about that.

(I still get frustrated watching him try to stick handle his way around the opposition - it's become an almost guaranteed :facepalm: every single time. I can actually picture some of the guys on the team making fun of him
when they're reviewing game "tape"- if we are commenting on it then surely his own team mates are paying him out about it, right?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->