Post-Game Talk: shorks @ cops, 12:37pm

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Funny anecdote from practice yesterday:

They were doing 2 vs 1 drills and Holtby was in net. He was doing quite well until Oshie scored. The puck quickly bounced out and Oshie shot it again and the puck went back in the net. Holtby quickly picked the puck up with his stick, and angrily tossed it over the netting behind the goal like he was shoveling away a hand grenade. Wish I was taking video at the time...would of been gif gold.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
What bothers me is that Holtby (probably) only needs to be mediocre to get the starting job back... which is gonna get us no where in the playoffs.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I get that but how many times over the years do we have to do this to a NHL goaltender

I’m tired of his inconsistency

have you seen the stats of the considered "top goalies" this year?

right now, this year holtby is out performing goalies like carey price, devin dubynk, sergei bobrovsky, matt murray, jonathan quick, pekka rinne, martin jones etc

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
What bothers me is that Holtby (probably) only needs to be mediocre to get the starting job back... which is gonna get us no where in the playoffs.

Management has shown they are willing to switch goalies (Holts to Grubi to Holts).

I only read into Holtby starting this game as regaining some confidence against a struggling team. Nothing more. His leash is quite short. This competition between him and Sammy should motivate both to perform better.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Management has shown they are willing to switch goalies (Holts to Grubi to Holts).

I only read into Holtby starting this game as regaining some confidence against a struggling team. Nothing more. His leash is quite short. This competition between him and Sammy should motivate both to perform better.

I hope you’re right but I got the feeling Coaches/Management don’t want to give a rookie the starting role unless absolutely necessary.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
San Jozie just beat CBJ and PIT the last 2 games so maybe they're not quite so motivated and desparate

And LOL at all the Holtby whiners, he's the starter and I want him to get chances to get back on track

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad