News Article: Shore Brings Quiet Confidence Up The Middle

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Shore Brings Quiet Confidence Up The Middle

A few days ago, Nick Shore was named the AHL Player of the Week, further confirming what Kings Vice President / Assistant General Manager Rob Blake and others inside the Kings organization have been saying of late - the 22-year-old center is poised for a breakout season.

The quote at the end of the article by Stothers is so accurate. I keep watching Shore and thinking what a stud he is...and then the next game comes and he finds ways to just continue to impress you.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
This is what the Kings should trade Richards'. If Shore makes the team, where does he play? On the 4th line? If he takes Stoll's spot on the 3rd line, then Richards' in making 6 million on the 4th line. Ouch.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The length of Richards' and Carter's contracts and probably Kopitar's new one pretty much any mean center coming up will spend the next 5 years playing 4th line center on the Kings.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
The length of Richards' and Carter's contracts and probably Kopitar's new one pretty much any mean center coming up will spend the next 5 years playing 4th line center on the Kings.

Nothing wrong with that from my perspective.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Nothing wrong with that from my perspective.

Until Shore plays his way up to a higher line. Which is entirely possible in a few years. It's not like good and even great centers haven't started their careers on the fourth line. Especially on great teams.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Shore would be fine as a fourth line center. Nothing wrong with breaking him into the NHL on the fourth line.

Actually how it should be anyway.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Boy, times have changed when you put your best center prospect on the 4th line between Clifford, Lewis, and Nolan.

It's called having a good team, built the correct way. I know this is still foreign to some Kings fan's.

Even after two Cups.

Some of us (on this board) want to continue seeing the Kings ice useless hockey players on the bottom six lines (Nolan,Andy,Clifford).

Players that are absolute black holes, when it comes to playing hockey. Wouldn't it be a nice change of pace to have Shore/Weal in the bottom six ? Guys that can actually make play's, and control the ice accordingly.

Thankfully Lombardi/Futa seem to be trending away from guys that simply just hit people.

They are now focusing draft efforts on guys like, Pearson,Mersch,Zykov,Kempe,Porkins,Shore ETC. Big bodies with (Skill) that are not afraid of hitting people.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Also, How is all that (prime ice time) and top six roles working for the EDM Oilers ?

They have ruined pretty much every prime prospect, EXCEPT Taylor Hall.

How long before Hall, gets tired of losing and asks for a trade ?

That is why Veterans must lead your team, until the prime prospects are the new core and Veterans.

Now you know why, Terry Murray/Sutter/Lombardi prefer veterans playing over younger guys.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No, you put Richards on the 3rd line and Shore on the 4th line.

Or, you say goodbye to Richards, put Shore on the 3rd line, get Stoll on the cheap for the 4th line, and have a lot more salary cap flexibility with pretty much the same lineup.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Until Shore plays his way up to a higher line. Which is entirely possible in a few years. It's not like good and even great centers haven't started their careers on the fourth line. Especially on great teams.

I think it's entirely possible in a couple of months next season.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Or, you say goodbye to Richards, put Shore on the 3rd line, get Stoll on the cheap for the 4th line, and have a lot more salary cap flexibility with pretty much the same lineup.

Or you get rid of both, and not have a fourth line center that sucks the life out of the play.

Stoll is no longer an impact Center. Neither is Richards.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Or you get rid of both, and not have a fourth line center that sucks the life out of the play.

Stoll is no longer an impact Center. Neither is Richards.

My scenario only works if Stoll is extremely cheap. At $2M a season he would have a lot of value as a 4th line center. He PKs, he wins big faceoffs, and he is still physical.

See, I happen to think that Stoll is one of the real glue guys on this team.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Or he gets some time as a fourth line center, while also getting opportunities on the wing. Stoll and Kopitar are the only centers the Kings have never tried at wing.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Who knows he is going to be better than his more talented brother Drew. That would be a surprise.

Though Drew had a solid short NHL stint last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad