Shooting from the blue-line

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I seem to score on like every 50:th shot from there, at best. I have never scored on a one-timer from the blue-line. How are they better than a regular slapper? Where do you aim? I find PP frustrating, I never seem to score.

What's the secret?

Last edited:

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
Stop trying one-timers.

Normal slappers will go in almost every time if nobody's in front of the shot and you shoot high glove.

TheFadedLine

Jan 10, 2012
Alberta
1. Move the puck around and catch goalie going wrong way and one timers from the blue line will beat him.

2. Aim low, like dead center, sometimes you will score 5 hole but better yet these get tipped in or create great rebounds.

3. Quick snap shots form the blue line especially through screens can catch the goalie off guard.

Hope this helps as I score at least half my goals from the point.

Cheers

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
1. Move the puck around and catch goalie going wrong way and one timers from the blue line will beat him.

2. Aim low, like dead center, sometimes you will score 5 hole but better yet these get tipped in or create great rebounds.

3. Quick snap shots form the blue line especially through screens can catch the goalie off guard.

Hope this helps as I score at least half my goals from the point.

Cheers

What this guy said. You're playing defense. It shouldn't be your job to try and snipe goals.

Just fire it on net with a low wrister to create chances

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
I find that playing against a user controlled player is quite easy when on the PP.

I move the puck around quickly around the perimeter... take a couple fake slap shots and eventually the player will start chasing around with their head cut off. Soon as there's room move to the slot and take a shot. Just mix things up really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad