Prospect Info: SHL champion Elias Pettersson | SHL scoring champion, playoff MVP, WC gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
His trophy case from this year:

DdxYRvUV4AAH3LJ.jpg:large

Hmmm... I wonder what the title length limit is...

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
According to Benning,..Pettersson most likely will not play in the Young Prospects games,choosing instead to workout in Sweden.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What a year for Pettersson!....shredded scoring records for the regular season and playoffs in the SHL....won a silver medal at the WJC and now a gold at the WHC playing against some of the top pros in the world.....regardless of where he plays next year, it's safe to say there's never been a prospect like him in Canucks history, who's done what he's done in his draft-plus-one season.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
What a year for Pettersson!....shredded scoring records for the regular season and playoffs in the SHL....won a silver medal at the WJC and now a gold at the WHC playing against some of the top pros in the world.....regardless of where he plays next year, it's safe to say there's never been a prospect like him in Canucks history, who's done what he's done in his draft-plus-one season.
Especially at the way the NHL has evolved in it's current growth. Young, fast players making huge impacts, changing teams fortunes overnight. Yes he needs 2/3 years to be fully prepared, but he has shown every indication he is going to be a star.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Too early for predictions and projections for Pettersson?....will he be as good as guys like Austin Matthews or Jack Eichel, who were drafted earlier in the first round?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Too early for predictions and projections for Pettersson?....will he be as good as guys like Austin Matthews or Jack Eichel, who were drafted earlier in the first round?

How's his playmaking? I mean i know its good.. but is it elite level?
I picture him as having a Backstrom-type impact with less playmaking but better shot... I don't know...

Matthews and Eichel are both horses on their skates... Pettersson will be doing it a different way.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Pettersson officially signed to ELC per NHL.com

Last edited by a moderator:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
How's his playmaking? I mean i know its good.. but is it elite level?
I picture him as having a Backstrom-type impact with less playmaking but better shot... I don't know...

Matthews and Eichel are both horses on their skates... Pettersson will be doing it a different way.

Stylistically speaking David Pastrnak is what I see Pettersson playing like when he’s filled out a bit. Pastrnak also was a bit of a bean pole in his draft year too so I think the physical development time could be similar too (Pettersson being even less physically developed).

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
If he's currently 177, he realistically could and should come to camp at 185. That's more than big enough

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Shame to end that winning streak by signing here :P But seriously, good on him.

What are our options if he's not ready in the first part of the season? Because I wouldn't put it past this organization to rush him.

Really we're fortunate both Bo and Boes are very intelligent guys, and Elias has that going for him too. Might be enough to make up for his physical limitations.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Shame to end that winning streak by signing here :P But seriously, good on him.

What are our options if he's not ready in the first part of the season? Because I wouldn't put it past this organization to rush him.

Really we're fortunate both Bo and Boes are very intelligent guys, and Elias has that going for him too. Might be enough to make up for his physical limitations.
Our option is to be patient and keep playing him until he figures it out. Exactly the same as the team did for Horvat. This is not McCann or Virtanen this player has already shined in a competitive men's league. There is no doubt he can play on the pp in Henrik's spot, put him there and points will come. He is good defensively position wise so not a huge issue there either. I expect him to start slow but then to pick it up quickly and by the middle of year to become as good a point producer as Brock.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Our option is to be patient and keep playing him until he figures it out. Exactly the same as the team did for Horvat. This is not McCann or Virtanen this player has already shined in a competitive men's league. There is no doubt he can play on the pp in Henrik's spot, put him there and points will come. He is good defensively position wise so not a huge issue there either. I expect him to start slow but then to pick it up quickly and by the middle of year to become as good a point producer as Brock.

Well Travis is going to have to do a bit of an about face then. But maybe the Sedins retiring has triggered a situation where we might finally lead on the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad