Williamsson

Alm - Després
Newton - Oskar Nilsson
Henrik Nilsson - Dahlroth

Hardt - Piispanen - Salmonsson
Lindberg - Reichenberg - Kelleher
Sveningsson - Franzen - Netterberg
Dahlström - Engsund - Thelin

They added some good players lately and they have a good playing-system. Lots of speed and grit. I think they will manage to stay in SHL.

Hello. How has despres looked this year? Could he make return to NHL?

Also, can anyone tell me if they think Filip Berglund will ever be an NHL dman?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hello. How has despres looked this year? Could he make return to NHL?

Also, can anyone tell me if they think Filip Berglund will ever be an NHL dman?

Despers have been good. Bigger teams wants to sign him. I dont think he will be a NHLer again.

Yeah i can see Berglund being a 5-6 stay-at-home d in NHL.

Reactions: EXTRAS

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Oskar Nilsson: "Jag har ju hatat Skellefteå hela uppväxten". = I have been hating Skelleftea since my childhood. Quote from 2019-09-10.
Source:

I mention the above since I seriously doubt the rumor forwarded by Hans Abrahamsson/Tomas Ros (see link below)
This rumor seem like a typical narrative setup. Nilsson will sign for Luleå and Luleå are desperate to paint a picture where they are snatching players "that are almost done deal with Skelleftea". In the background, Nilsson was a done deal with Lulea all the way.
På väg att blåsa värsta rivalen på succébacken
Watch this unfold :)

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
HockeyAllsvenskan Slutspelsserie

Hi - can anyone explain to me how the 3-8 Slutspelsserie works? I don't understand what happens once 3 plays 8, 4/7 and 5/6.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
HockeyAllsvenskan Slutspelsserie

Hi - can anyone explain to me how the 3-8 Slutspelsserie works? I don't understand what happens once 3 plays 8, 4/7 and 5/6.

It was a round robin style mini tournament where all the teams played each other once. Whichever team had the most points after all teams had met was the winner. The teams also started with some points based on their seeding from the regular season I believe. Of course this year it was cancelled after one game due to Covid-19.

I wouldn't put too much tought in it though, as the 19-20 season was the last time it was used. Starting with the 20-21 season the whole promotion format will be replaced by traditional playoffs, where the winner is promoted to the SHL.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It was a round robin style mini tournament where all the teams played each other once. Whichever team had the most points after all teams had met was the winner. The teams also started with some points based on their seeding from the regular season I believe. Of course this year it was cancelled after one game due to Covid-19.

I wouldn't put too much tought in it though, as the 19-20 season was the last time it was used. Starting with the 20-21 season the whole promotion format will be replaced by traditional playoffs, where the winner is promoted to the SHL.

Thanks - a traditional setup is easier to follow.
So Modo and Bjorkloven have to stay in the Allsvenskan?

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Yes, the season was basically cancelled.

Also, if I recall correctly, next season the SHL teams that finish 13th and 14th will face each other in a best of 7 series. The winner get to stay in the league and the loser get relegated and are replaced by the winner of the Hockeyallsvenskan playoff.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Yes, the season was basically cancelled.

Also, if I recall correctly, next season the SHL teams that finish 13th and 14th will face each other in a best of 7 series. The winner get to stay in the league and the loser get relegated and are replaced by the winner of the Hockeyallsvenskan playoff.
Right on. Thanks

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Any opinions on Adam wilsby? Could he be an effective NHLer one day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad