SHL/Allsvenskan 2017-18 General Discussion

Martin Elz

Jun 17, 2009
Ängelholm
I was at the game between Rögle and Malmö. In the third period at the 7:58 mark Malmö goalie Alsenfelt made a save and his mask broke. It took a little too long to repair for the crowd and referee's liking so Malmö had to put in backup goalie Nilstorp. He played a total of 1 minute 25 seconds and from what i saw he didnt face a shot. Alsenfelt returned and finished the game. Malmö won the very physical and nasty game 2-1. A Player of the game was selected for both teams. For Malmö (away team) backup goalie Nilstorp was selected.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Does anybody know if it is possible to (legally) watch broadcasts of SHL or Allsvenskan games in the US?

Need a Swedish credit card AND a Swedish cell number(in order to get a paygoo reloadable card) in order to get CMore. Hopefully ApplePay comes on line soon.

But if you can get a payment plan figured out, the games are not geofenced beyond Scandinavia as far as I can tell.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
A question (or two) for anyone in Sweden/been to games there... how hard is it to get tickets last minute? I'll be out there in December and wanted to catch a game. Also, how expensive are jerseys if I want to get one there?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
A question (or two) for anyone in Sweden/been to games there... how hard is it to get tickets last minute? I'll be out there in December and wanted to catch a game. Also, how expensive are jerseys if I want to get one there?
You can buy tickets at the arena or online on game days, games are rarely completely sold out. Replica jerseys are somewhere between 60-80€ I believe.

Reactions: lwvs84

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I know this is last season's topic but hopefully the question can still be answered.

Off to Stockholm tomorrow and hoping to catch a game whilst there, we're busy on Saturday so can't get to the Djurgardens game but I saw that AIK play on Friday?

What are the ticket prices like? Will there be any tickets left? and how difficult is it to get to the arena?

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Do we have any opinions on serieutredningen here? I feel like it's been a bit too quiet after it was presented. Like the reaction have been "yeah okay, sure". But I think that there are parts that should be changed.

Stephan Guiance wasn't satisfied though, which I'm glad to see. There should be a debate of what parts are good and what that should be developed further, not just acceptance for everything. Pretty much all chroniclers and experts from what I've seen have given a thumbs up without any major criticism.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I'm not sure there's a consensus top 10, but I'd like to include some high scoring D; Jesse Virtanen, Ryan Gunderson, Kodie Curran and Erik Gustafsson.

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
I'm not sure there's a consensus top 10, but I'd like to include some high scoring D; Jesse Virtanen, Ryan Gunderson, Kodie Curran and Erik Gustafsson.

And Mikael Wikstrand, Simon Bertilsson, Linus Hultström, Shay Genoway, Lukas Bengtsson, Joel Persson, Daniel Rahimi should be in top 10

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Do we have any opinions on serieutredningen here? I feel like it's been a bit too quiet after it was presented. Like the reaction have been "yeah okay, sure". But I think that there are parts that should be changed.

Stephan Guiance wasn't satisfied though, which I'm glad to see. There should be a debate of what parts are good and what that should be developed further, not just acceptance for everything. Pretty much all chroniclers and experts from what I've seen have given a thumbs up without any major criticism.
They are trying to get AIK and Leksand back to the SHL. But this might as well backfire and end up with more shit teams in the league. If the SHL had some balls they would just kick out the smallest teams and let at least AIK and Leksand play in the SHL in their place.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
They are trying to get AIK and Leksand back to the SHL. But this might as well backfire and end up with more **** teams in the league. If the SHL had some balls they would just kick out the smallest teams and let at least AIK and Leksand play in the SHL in their place.
How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

Also, the results on the ice should decide what teams plays in the SHL, nothing else.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
How did you manage to come to that conclusion?

Also, the results on the ice should decide what teams plays in the SHL, nothing else.
The SHL wants these two teams in the SHL because their exposure is twice that of teams like Mora, Timrå, Rögle etc. Leksand is the sixth most popular hockey team in Sweden and AIK is important because of popularity but more importantly the exposure that will be generated by derbies against Djurgården and overall long term potential of the team.

It's easy to say that "results on the ice decides". But actually it's money that ultimately decides what squad you can field on the ice. Teams in Allsvenskan can't compete with SHL teams. From 2018 and onwards SHL teams gets 45 million kr annually, while Allsvenskan teams only get 2,3 million.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
The SHL wants these two teams in the SHL because their exposure is twice that of teams like Mora, Timrå, Rögle etc. Leksand is the sixth most popular hockey team in Sweden and AIK is important because of popularity but more importantly the exposure that will be generated by derbies against Djurgården and overall long term potential of the team.

It's easy to say that "results on the ice decides". But actually it's money that ultimately decides what squad you can field on the ice. Teams in Allsvenskan can't compete with SHL teams. From 2018 and onwards SHL teams gets 45 million kr annually, while Allsvenskan teams only get 2,3 million.
Yeah, I agree with you, but I don't see how the new system would benefit AIK and Leksand specifically and thus meaning that SHL tries to get them back. Because as you say, all teams have the chance to advance.

I agree with your second part as well, but with the proposed system it wont matter as teams in HockeyAllsvenskan will only have to beat each other to advance and not face a team from SHL anymore.

I'm positive to the proposed system with some reservations. First of all it's time to get rid of the eighth finals in SHL, they're ridiculous. Secondly another team should get a chance to advance to SHL/HockeyAllsvenskan from HockeyAllsvenskan/HockeyEttan. Let the loser in the final at the lower level face the winner in the play-out of the higher level (or even better, involve more teams in the play-out). Thirdly, the teams in HockeyEttan that end up in fortsättningsserien should have the chance to advance to HockeyEttan, which is proposed as an alternative.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Yeah, I agree with you, but I don't see how the new system would benefit AIK and Leksand specifically and thus meaning that SHL tries to get them back. Because as you say, all teams have the chance to advance.

I agree with your second part as well, but with the proposed system it wont matter as teams in HockeyAllsvenskan will only have to beat each other to advance and not face a team from SHL anymore.

I'm positive to the proposed system with some reservations. First of all it's time to get rid of the eighth finals in SHL, they're ridiculous. Secondly another team should get a chance to advance to SHL/HockeyAllsvenskan from HockeyAllsvenskan/HockeyEttan. Let the loser in the final at the lower level face the winner in the play-out of the higher level (or even better, involve more teams in the play-out). Thirdly, the teams in HockeyEttan that end up in fortsättningsserien should have the chance to advance to HockeyEttan, which is proposed as an alternative.
It doesn't benefit them specifically, of course they are probably financially better suited than most teams in Allsvenskan to get promoted, but this might backfire and result in the likes of Oskarshamn having an extended run in the SHL (instead of say I don't know Brynäs), cashing in 40-50 million sek annually while not really generating enough viewers to contribute to the TV pot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad