SHL/Allsvenskan 2017-18 General Discussion

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
I watched the Frölunda game yesterday. Utter drama with a goal three seconds from time.

Djurgården I watched take a good win against Växjö Lakers this evening.

This season is turning out to be very interesting.

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Hello guys,
Was hoping you could help me out a bit, I plan on being in Stockholm on Jan 29th and I'd like to watch Dahlin play in the Frolunda/Djurgarden game. Do tickets have to be purchased in advance or could I just show up at the gate the day of the game?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Eric Lindros is back in Hockey, he switched name to Fredrik Händemark.

If Händemark is not in the next Tre Kronor squad then Grönborg should be fired, and Händemark should be in NHL next season.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Eric Lindros is back in Hockey, he switched name to Fredrik Händemark.

If Händemark is not in the next Tre Kronor squad then Grönborg should be fired, and Händemark should be in NHL next season.

Would Lindros score 24 points in 45 games? Good player but I don't see the things you do. Inconsistent offensively. Big but not very quick. Could be a Euro Hockey Tour center but not NHL.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Would Lindros score 24 points in 45 games? Good player but I don't see the things you do. Inconsistent offensively. Big but not very quick. Could be a Euro Hockey Tour center but not NHL.

He is of course not as good as Lindros was and will never be, i meant Stylistically. He has 24 points in 45 games because he plays with garbage players. He is quick enough, looks faster this season. There is no doubt in my mind that Händemark can play in NHL. He is a gritter version of Carl Söderberg.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He is of course not as good as Lindros was and will never be, i meant Stylistically. He has 24 points in 45 games because he plays with garbage players. He is quick enough, looks faster this season. There is no doubt in my mind that Händemark can play in NHL. He is a gritter version of Carl Söderberg.

He may be grittier but he's also a worse player than Söderberg.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011

Definitely disagree with you on his potential, but he might get an NHL deal and play in the AHL and work his way up to a 4C role for a little bit. For me he is in Mattias Sjögren territory and definitely worse than guys like Zackrisson, Lander and others who can't make the NHL anymore.

Reactions: JBeast

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Hi guys! I'm new to Swedish hockey and I don't know much about the SHL, but I just discovered one of my cable channels Eleven Sports is airing games. I have a question about the camera. Watching the game with Djiurgaden(spelling?) The camera seems really jerky following the play from end to end in the wide angles. Is that normal for the SHL or is this a problem with the feed the channel is using? I want to watch the games but the motion blur from the jerking is giving me a head ache.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hi guys! I'm new to Swedish hockey and I don't know much about the SHL, but I just discovered one of my cable channels Eleven Sports is airing games. I have a question about the camera. Watching the game wugh Djiurgaden(spelling?) The camera seems really jerky follow the play from end to end in the wide angles. Is that normal for the SHL or is this a problem with the feed the channel is using? I want to watch the games but the motion blur from the jerking is giving me a head ache.

yes its a problem with the feed the channel is using. i have no problem with the camera when i watch SHL on CMORE, never heard about anyone who has it.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
yes its a problem with the feed the channel is using. i have no problem with the camera when i watch SHL on CMORE, never heard about anyone who has it.

Yeah its definitely the feed they're using as today the channel is showing the KHL final with Ak Bars and CSKA and it's not having the same issues. Still I'm really liking this Eleven Sports channel's effort though because they seem to be going out of their way to show as many European hockey games as they can from a bunch of different leagues. These are games I likely wouldn't be able to watch otherwise.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

JBeast

Oct 22, 2007
Skellefteå
Växjö Lakers sweeps Skellefteå AIK with a goal differential of 20-1. Embarrassing to say the least.
Vaxjo’s complete domination

Did anyone ever expect Växjö not to win? They were dominant during the regular season, and got even better during the playoffs.

The fact that Skellefteå even made it to the finals was a bit of an surprise. And sure, maybe some other team might have put up more of a fight then a gassed and topheavy Skellefteå. But I dont see any other team winning more then perhaps one game vs Växjö, they were too damned good!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snilsson

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Julius Junttila has signed with an yet unknown swedish team. Perhaps second time is the charm.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but are they going to replace Hockey Allsvenskan with somekind of four division model in the future? And if so, what are the reasons for this? If second tier in sweden get now like 20-times less tv-money than shl, how will this help the system, if they increase the numbers of teams in second tier? Or is there a plan to close SHL after this move? My swedish is not that good, so can somebody clarify, what is going on?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but are they going to replace Hockey Allsvenskan with somekind of four division model in the future? And if so, what are the reasons for this? If second tier in sweden get now like 20-times less tv-money than shl, how will this help the system, if they increase the numbers of teams in second tier? Or is there a plan to close SHL after this move? My swedish is not that good, so can somebody clarify, what is going on?

That's just a suggestion from the league organization in the third league (division 1), so not actually something that will happen.

It's a neverending story, especially from teams playing in HockeyAllsvenskan or division 1 unhappy with how things work and every other week or so there's a big story on how this guy or that team or this executive think the promotion/relegation system should work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->