Shishinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
30 years old.... he was draft by Minessota in 2000 and played 30 games with the team during season 00-01 before going back to Russia....

A kind of Roman Malek type of player..... one that has is place in NHL but doesn't want it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kafka said:
A kind of Roman Malek type of player..... one that has is place in NHL but doesn't want it.

Are you thinking of someone else? Roman Malek not only want to be in the NHL, he doesn't want to have to go through the AHL to do it.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
He was this year's top scorer in the Russian superleague : 22 goals, 47 assists, 69 points in 65 games with Avangard Omsk.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
Are you thinking of someone else? Roman Malek not only want to be in the NHL, he doesn't want to have to go through the AHL to do it.

I tought he didn't want to sign with Phili..... sorry for that!
I have an other name in mind however.... picked in 2001 by the Habs: Viktor Ujcik.

thestonedkoala

Sushi isn't going to come over. The Wild tried that didn't work with him. Got homesick really fast. I wish the Wild would stop drafting these type of players...

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I went to a couple Wild games in which he played. I remember Sushinsky looking like the most talented Minnesota player on the ice (note: Gaborik was only 18 at the time). His skating was just average but the guy had a real nose for the net.
He started out on fire but soon cooled off as he started to look lost, frustrated and uncomfortable. Clearly, he didn't like N.A. or the N.A. style of game. From what I heard his wife hated it here too. :dunno:

DW

May 3, 2003
MN
Visit site
The consensus was that he didn't want to be here and he ended up leaving midway through the season to go home.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I think he left after the fight with a teammate, I thought it was McLeenan or someone similar. During a practice he shot high on McLeenan and apparently he was supposed to apologize, he did not so McLeenan started a fight. After that Sushinsky did not want anything to with this group of people and left.
Ge is undersized forward but pretty skilled and very hard working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->