Celebrity Death: Shinobu Hashimoto -- Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Ikiru, Hidden Fortress, etc.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
He's almost too old to get his due from anyone other than film students and other film history buffs. I won't pretend to be an expert here, but Kurosawa was a legend and anyone who played an integral role in his films is deserving of recognition. Great career by Mr. Hashimoto here, and a long life. Centenarian club, nice.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He's almost too old to get his due from anyone other than film students and other film history buffs. I won't pretend to be an expert here, but Kurosawa was a legend and anyone who played an integral role in his films is deserving of recognition. Great career by Mr. Hashimoto here, and a long life. Centenarian club, nice.

I think it also has to do with the fact his work with Akira Kurosawa was often shared work with Ryûzô Kikushima and of course Akira Kurosawa himself--Hishimoto suffers from working with visual directors who were heavily involved on the writing side and or the much of the writing was based upon Japanese lore or other folk tales

Reactions: glovesave_35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad