Confirmed with Link: Shinkurak for Kerby Rychel (Rychel signs 1-year, 2-way deal)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I never stated that he will become the next Michael Ferland. All I said is that there should still be the hope that he can develop into an effective bottom six NHL player and simply used Ferland as he is a very familiar comparison for us all. In saying that will it likely happen? Probably not, it's more likely a quality addition to Stockton, but nonetheless a decent trade to make.

And yes, while it is true that three teams have now elected to move on from Rychel it should also be noted that now four different teams have showed an interest in him by acquiring him via trade or by drafting him. It's not as if he has bounced around through the waiver wire or free agency and given up for nothing.

I always like taking flyers on guys who have some upside or have shown it in the past.

Especially in nothing trades like this. Hunter was stuck on this team. He was deep on the depth chart, hadn't really shown progress since 2015 (in fact, showed the opposite). The NHL depth was far too deep in front of him, and the AHL/CHL depth was starting to bog him down too. His skillset wasn't one that could translate to a checking role without major revamp to his overall game.

Rychel is not a solution or anything, but he makes Stockton a better team (because they're losing good players for the entire season this year) and he has the skillset to push for the 4LW job in camp this year.

It's funny to see how this is continuing. Kerby Rychel is still part of the Tim Erixon trade :laugh:

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->