Shin Guards

pockybeer

Apr 27, 2006
OK, this might be a dumb question, but since I am just starting out, please bear with me :)

I have a pair of RBK 5K shin gaurds that has a thigh pad which keeps popping out the bottom of my pant leg whenever I bend my knee, and sticks on the outside. The pants I have com to my knee, so it's not like they're too short.

Short of removing that small pad, is there any way to prevent this?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Your socks should be holding that thigh pad piece from flipping out. They might be too loose.

night-timer

Apr 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
This happened to me when I got my RBK 8k shinpads. I remember thinking, "this never happened with my cheap Koho kneedpads, but it does with my NHL-level kneepads!"

After a couple of months, It doesn't seem to happen anymore. Just give it time for your pads to loosen up and adjust to the shape of your leg. The flap will become more pliable with use, especially when you consider how much leg-bend hockey skating requires.

Cool pads, huh?

Last edited:

MiZZZike*

Just get tighter socks. You can cut it off but if your used to it being there it will feel weird.

pockybeer

Apr 27, 2006
thanks for the replies. i taped around it and it seems to be working for now. holds it down just enough not to get stuck outside. hopefully the pad will break in a little over time like night-timer's and have less tendency to jut out when i bend my leg
night-timer said:
Cool pads, huh?

other than that inconvience, they are great

thanks again

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
pockybeer said:
OK, this might be a dumb question, but since I am just starting out, please bear with me :)

I have a pair of RBK 5K shin gaurds that has a thigh pad which keeps popping out the bottom of my pant leg whenever I bend my knee, and sticks on the outside. The pants I have com to my knee, so it's not like they're too short.

Short of removing that small pad, is there any way to prevent this?

Same thing happened to me when I first got my Nike V10's. Once they broke in they were fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad