Shevchenko vs Ibrahimovic

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys, I wonder who you would prefer on your team.

Prime Andrei Shevchenko or Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

Edit: Moderator can add a poll if it's deemed appropriate.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sheva was a fantastic striker. Most people here don't know him from his glory days, but rather from his gloomy end of career Chelsea uselessness days.

Ballon d'Or winner IIRC.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Sheva was a fantastic striker. Most people here don't know him from his glory days, but rather from his gloomy end of career Chelsea uselessness days.

Ballon d'Or winner IIRC.

Yeah, I'm an old man, like 35 years old or something, and I remember the guy even before he was with Milan, when he teared up the 1998 CL with Dynamo. I think he scored a hat trick on Camp Nou against Barca that year. 1998 CL was a great tournament....

Yes, and he won a Ballon d'Or. Ibra hasn't even been top 3, so even if we remove Messi & Ronaldo he's not a Ballon d'Or guy.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Ballon d'Or winner IIRC.

Won in 2004, finished 3rd in 99 and 00, finished 4th in 03, 6th in 05 and 8th in 01.

04 he was third in the FIFA world player of the year finishing behind Henry and Ronaldinho.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
From a team building perspective, Ibra. From Jerzy Dudek's perspective, Shevchenko.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Good comparison, very close IMO.

Both very special players.

Personally, I'd pick Ibrahimovic, by a hair. Shevchenko was truly fanastic at his best.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Good comparison, very close IMO.

Both very special players.

Personally, I'd pick Ibrahimovic, by a hair. Shevchenko was truly fanastic at his best.

I agree. At their best they were pretty close, but Zlatan has been so good for so long that it's hard not to pick him.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Hi guys, I wonder who you would prefer on your team.

Prime Andrei Shevchenko or Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

Edit: Moderator can add a poll if it's deemed appropriate.

Shev and Ibra actually have nothing in common, except scoring goals. Completely different players. Watch yt how they used to score.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Have seen a lot more of Ibra's career so going with him

Still..

VuG3gqF.png

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Sheva vs Ibra? Seems like comparing Paul Kariya and Eric Lindros. Doesn't make a lot of sense..

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Shev and Ibra actually have nothing in common, except scoring goals. Completely different players. Watch yt how they used to score.

I don't get what you're trying to say here? I don't have to watch any YT of any of those guys as I saw both play before YT even existed. Yes, I was alive before the internet. :scared: Players doesn't have to be exactly similar in styles for one to compare their impact levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad