Prospect Info: Sherwood assigned to Cleveland

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.dispatch.com/sports/2017...anys-kole-sherwood-expected-to-make-ahl-debut

After an explosive second season at the major-junior level, New Albany’s Kole Sherwood, one of the Blue Jackets’ top prospects, is turning pro.

The Blue Jackets will officially assign Sherwood, an undrafted free agent, to minor-league Cleveland in the next 24 hours, The Dispatch has learned, and he could make his debut as soon as today at the Iowa Wild.

Sherwood, 20, had 33 goals, 52 assists and 60 penalty minutes in 60 games with Flint of the Ontario Hockey League. He tied for ninth in the league in scoring. He also had four goals and an assist in five playoff games, but Flint was eliminated in the first round of the OHL playoffs.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
They play Iowa tomorrow, not today. He is not in the lineup tonight.

They tend to put articles written for the next day's paper online around 9:00 the night before so I'm sure the article was written from the future Sunday perspective. I see them do it all the time for some reason.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
They tend to put articles written for the next day's paper online around 9:00 the night before so I'm sure the article was written from the future Sunday perspective. I see them do it all the time for some reason.
As a print media dinosaur myself, that's probably it. Kinda sloppy to not have different web and print versions of the story, but that's what happens when you try to do more with less.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Was good buddies with Kole throughout my 4 years at New Albany HS, thought he was just another chiller chump until he made the CBJ prospect camp. Just the most humble kid, the whole graduation class was shocked when he got his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->