Sheppard at Centre or Wing

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
I think most would agree that Sheppard's recent play has definitely earned a likely spot in the opening playoff game roster but how much of his improved play is because he is playing centre and not the wing?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It really doesn't have anything to do with the position as much as it is the time and teammates he's playing with and against. He'd be just as effective on the wing if Pavelski and Wingels were his linemates.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
It really doesn't have anything to do with the position as much as it is the time and teammates he's playing with and against. He'd be just as effective on the wing if Pavelski and Wingels were his linemates.

Agree. When with Havlat and Wingels, he was practically a W taking faceoffs. Havlat was playing C positionally in the offensive and defensive zones.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
4th line C, and I think he's far more effective at C than on W.

Yeah I agree. It's almost night and day. Not everyone can make that transition form center to wing. I always thought Benn Ferrieiriro looked like an entirely different player at center. But it's not like he was ever going to play there for the Sharks.

I think Desi makes a better wing than Shep, so that's fine on the 4th line. But Desi should probably be taking the draws, so that's a little bit awkward.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back

Agree here. This is the line I hope we see sooner than later. Moving Havlat beside Jumbo + Burns

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I agree. It's almost night and day. Not everyone can make that transition form center to wing. I always thought Benn Ferrieiriro looked like an entirely different player at center. But it's not like he was ever going to play there for the Sharks.

I think Desi makes a better wing than Shep, so that's fine on the 4th line. But Desi should probably be taking the draws, so that's a little bit awkward.

He just needs to learn that with Desi on the wing, he can 'cheat' on the face offs like a lot of the other Sharks Centers do (as they have other players on their lines who can take face offs also).

If he 'cheats' and gets away with it, his % will increase dramatically. If he doesn't get away with it and gets kicked out of the circle, then Desi takes the face off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad